Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Public Service Announcement: Work relationships are rarely, if ever, a good idea!!!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:49 AM
  • 3 Replies

I started hanging out with this guy from work (MISTAAAAKE!!). He came with us to an amusement park on Wednesday and then he showed up at 10am yesterday!  Apparently he just couldn't contain himself either... he caught me off guard and pretty much pushed me up against a wall kissing me. He was so forceful...I actually did not like it at all. He was hanging out for awhile after and started kissing me again, when I thought ok, maybe it'll get better... but it didn't. I felt trapped. He's so tall, he literally wrapped his arms around me and had me squished up against him.  I kind of kicked him out early, although nicely, because I wasn't feeling well as it was. I woke up this morning feeling like an asshole. Why did I let this happen? I feel sick to my stomach and all we did is kiss. I want to tell him that it can't happen again, but I'm not sure how without hurting his feelings.  He is incredibly nice otherwise, it's just that I'm not as interested in going forward in this "relationship" as he is.  I'd rather be friends.  The night before last, I actually considered giving him a chance, but after yesterday... I'm just disgusted and ugh.  I don't know what to do.  Why am I so stupid!

I'm the type of person who doesn't know when to say no.  I need to learn, because this is the second time I have felt like I had no control over where a relationship was going.  We both work tonight until 10.  Should I talk to him about it after work?

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Robsessed98
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:32 AM

No, dating a co-worker usually ends in disaster. You should probably talk to him about it though.

NearSeattleMom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Oops.  Hope you can fix this with a minimum of awkwardness!

yezay
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:25 PM
I agree!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)