Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I feel guilty? ** Update in red**

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:05 AM
  • 5 Replies

Ok, me and the ex have had the talks about what it would take for me to even consider the possiblity of us trying to work things out. Nothing definite of if/when that would happen. I still want to see some serious action on his part before getting further into those discussions. But I also had this guy that I was emailing back and forth from the online dating site. I don't know if this would go anywhere either, so far it's just email and I wouldn't even want to meet him yet without a lot more talking first. I feel kinda guilty though, like in a way I'm cheating on them both even though there's no real relationship with either of them. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the input, ladies! I decided it was probably best to just delete my profile from the dating site. I need to be more certain of what is or isn't going to happen with my ex. If we aren't able to reconcile, then I can always go back and try again when I'm ready. Even though  I was just getting to know the "mystery guy," and there was nothing serious there it still wouldn't have been fair to continue if I'm unsure of my feelings. Thanks again! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mom40w5
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:08 AM

Keep it platonic with both, once it appears to be getting serious with one cut the other off.

DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:12 AM

I would suggest taking a time out with both and devoting the time to figuring out what you really want. If you cant do that, you should be honest with both. You dont owe either and explanation. You are not actively seeing anyone. Stringing both along would be wrong though. 

NearSeattleMom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:39 PM

I say you try to work things out with your ex since you  have a child together.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:42 PM
You are not with your ex, but you are considering a reconciliation, so I would holdoff on dating. You can be friends w the other dude though. Just let him know you aren't ready for more at this time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:43 PM
Sounds good to me.

Quoting mom40w5:

Keep it platonic with both, once it appears to be getting serious with one cut the other off.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)