Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Honest advice for a mom on a budget

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:59 AM
  • 8 Replies

I'm not trying to be funny, just need some real advice. I have three girls that need swimsuit and a budget that is TIGHT!

Have you/would you buy a swimsuit at a thrift store?

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MeeshMom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:02 PM
There are cheap ones at places like Ross, Marshalls, even target. I got my son his swim suit for $8 at target. Also try walmart? There aren't many thrift stores where I live.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aj23
by Amanda on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:02 PM
Honestly I wouldn't. Maybe if it had new tags on it I would consider it but to me its like underwear and I can't do used underwear.
Walmart has really cheap swimsuits and some store are marking them down already so check out the sales and you may be able to find some for the same price as a used one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom40w5
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:04 PM

Thanks. I just went online for Walmart and saw some for under $10. I wsn't too crazy about the idea becasue i cant do the underwear thing. lol

Robsessed98
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:12 PM

I'd try Ross or Marshall's first. There's just something about wearing anything that has touched another twat that bugs me... If you do, wash it in  hot water a couple of times first.

mkhickford
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:13 PM
I have a 20% off coupon to children's place. I don't know what their suit prices are at the moment.

My son is still in swim diapers, but I would buy at the kids resale boutique. My mom buys bathing suits for my siblings at the resale boutique.

I actually bought $250 at least in clothes for my little daughter(who seems to have missed the memo that she is supposed to be here by now! Lol) for $50. I got about 12 outfits? Resale is the way to go!

You should also Google Just Between Friends sales. They are getting larger and is expanding to more cities, and it is a twice a year sale that tons of people come and sell all things kids. They have strict guidelines about what can be put in. Its a great sale! I will be selling at the one coming up in my area and buying lol. oh! And if you sell or volunteer you get privileges on shopping time. Its a really neat little thing they have going on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
animebuddy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:14 PM
No I wouldn't buy swimsuits at a thrift store.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nappeal
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Oh hell yea I would!  I buy a lot @ the thrift store, and not only because its cheap, but I"m a junky for the crap I can buy there.  My kids and I take care of our clothing, are clean people and regularly contribute to 2nd hand stores; I wouldn't feel uncomfortable buying a swimsuit for my kids bc I'm sure not everyone else is funky, and it would be nothing a cycle thru the laundry could take care of.

Ricanmami1
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:33 PM

yeah walmart has alot of nice swimsuit that dont cost much 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)