Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Curfew???

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:10 PM
  • 47 Replies
I'm watching True Life, and this 18 year old girl who graduated HS early has a midnight curfew.

Did you have a curfew at 18 years old?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom40w5
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:20 PM

At 18 I still lived in my parents house and yes I did have a curfew of 12 am/midnight. but when we moved to Germany (military brat) I was working and my curfew changed to 4am. I wasn't allowed (out of respec)t to be gone for more than 18 hrs. which wasn't an issue becasue my parents knew where I was most of the time work, the club or kicking w/one of my then boyfriends. lol

Chanel5nyc
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:25 PM
At 18, I lived with my mom but I didn't have a curfew. I still respected my mom and her household, went to school, worked and payed a bill. But I refuse to have a curfew and my mom understood. I was always a good responible kid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flprincessmom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:32 PM

no I never did as a kid....but the apartment complex I live in now does have one.  10 pm for 18 and younger, and 11pm for 18 and up....sux and I do not know how long it will last...but since they have enforced it, it has gotten alot quieter out there...

Chanel5nyc
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:42 PM
WTF? An Apartment complex with a curfew? Smh.

Quoting flprincessmom:

no I never did as a kid....but the apartment complex I live in now does have one.  10 pm for 18 and younger, and 11pm for 18 and up....sux and I do not know how long it will last...but since they have enforced it, it has gotten alot quieter out there...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CMcDougal
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:45 PM
I did. My brothers didn't. When I was 19 and back from college for the summer, I still had one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeepingirrl
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:49 PM

I did not have a curfew but I always called my mom and let her know where I was if I was going to be out late. I lived with her until I was 27 and I still called at that age, LOL

aviatioNation
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Most apartment complexes have curfews, but they aren't "you can't go anywhere" type curfews, they just mean you can't be running around in the common areas making noise and bugging your neighbors.

Quoting Chanel5nyc:

Quoting flprincessmom:

aviatioNation
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:50 PM

But, to answer the OP, I never had a curfew at all.

DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:51 PM

I am a 39 yo mother raising two kids entirely on my own and I have a curfew. Just because a child has reached the age of 18 and has graduated doesnt mean they are magically responsible. If you live at home with your parents, a curfew should be considered a sign of respect. If you want to make your own rules, get your own house. 

Chanel5nyc
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:57 PM
Oh okay. That makes sense.

Quoting aviatioNation:

Most apartment complexes have curfews, but they aren't "you can't go anywhere" type curfews, they just mean you can't be running around in the common areas making noise and bugging your neighbors.

Quoting Chanel5nyc:

Quoting flprincessmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)