Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boyfriends and social page statuses

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:29 PM
  • 27 Replies

Ok so my boyfriend has not changed his relationship status on any social site.  The only one I really wanted it changed on is tagged.  This woman keeps leaving him graphic pics on there on his comments section and tags that way too.  Last night she sent him where she wrote in Wanna do this with me and a horney smiley and the pics were of naked people with a woman sitting on a man's face and other such things and of people clearly having sex.  He was at work and I asked him about it.  I have asked him once before and he deleted her comments but still did not change his status.  I know this may seem petty as he says it should not matter and I should trust me if he says I am his just drop it but I do not want to go to hispage and see this crap on there.  I have had men do this similar stuff before and it ended up they were lying about something.  I text argued and explained myself that I wanted to know why he was not changing his status as it only takes a few seconds to do that.  he just went on about that it was all BS to him and I acted like I did not trust him but I have done a lot for this man and this is all I have asked of him as it is important to me.  Am I making too big of a deal of this?  He is furious with me but I have been treated so badly by men and lied to and he knows that so why is it too much to ask for him to change his status so maybe graphic crap like this will not happen.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AMsMommy212
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:41 PM

I wouldnt like that either.. and would especially not like his refusal to change it. If you two are in an exclusive relationship.. it shouldnt be a big deal. :-/ Sorry hun-- hope y'all figure it out.

AMsMommy212
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:42 PM

At the very least he should ask her to stop, and delete her as a contact/friend or whatever they are called-- if she continues.

dyldylsmom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:47 PM

Thanks that is what I said!  He is so stuck on my trusting him and I do...I have dealt with this before and some men like him and others who have been out of the dating game for a while like the ego boost they get but I am of the opinion I send him praises, take him lunches, and do a lot for him so that should be all the ego boost he needs!

BananaNut
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:32 PM

I think he is protesting too much.  There is a reason for it and I can't imagine it would be a good one.

Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:40 PM

thats hard... i mean, i deleted BF from FB completely- and i hide my relationship status. not sure how tagged is, but with my status alone, you can see i'm with somebody else... and if not, i let dude know... part of me says that you give him a final chance to change it; either tell the girl to back off, or change his status... and if he does neither, then the next time she posts something sexual on there, you'll be contacting her..

is anything else awry in the relationship? hidden texts, or calls or something? if so, that'd send up MAJOR red flags for me.

KailesMommy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:41 PM

I don't like where this sounds it may end up! I am the way you are!!! Too many problems and then something does happen, either because I freak out like you are or because I try and attempt to trust them. But, me being me, I would keep commenting on his tagged site saying I love you baby or I miss you hun. Something sweet/cute only a gf would say type thing and see how he takes that. If you are public about being together, then he should have no problem, now if you are public and he is still unsure and all the other problems, well, he may have some problem with it. But good luck and vent if you need to!!

twinsmom2706
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:41 PM
You don't trust him otherwise you wouldn't even go to his page and see this stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AMsMommy212
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:47 PM

Really?? I get on my BF's page all the time.. not to see if women are posting, but to post myself, or just look at things his friends have posted, for entertainment value.  if I saw something like the OP described it would make me uncomfortable as well-- and I trust my BF completely.

Quoting twinsmom2706:

You don't trust him otherwise you wouldn't even go to his page and see this stuff.

hybridkar82
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:54 PM

Damn. Are you two friends on the social site? Can you leave comments? Personally I'd leave a comment and be like "love you baby, you're the best boyfriend ever" or something like that. Just to let it be known since he won't do anything. If he deletes YOUR comment or doesn't allow you to make one then there's your answer, and he's probably up to no good. Unless the girl is a sleeze ball and knows he has a gf and doesn't care.... Dunno, but good luck!!!

animebuddy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:54 PM
The resisiting to change his status when you asked him to.....that a big deal. I wouldnt trust him then. Why argue over something that would take a few seconds to change and put your mind at ease?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)