Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

freaking annoyed

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:00 PM
  • 8 Replies
Okay, so I have this friend. She has a little girl who is 17 months. The little girl is quite a handful. She has hit the terrible twos early, to say the least.

Anyway, my friend is basically clueless when it comes to being a.mom and freaks out over everything. The little girl got a diaper rash and a lymph node near hee crotch was slightly swollen (like you could see it POP up a little when you were wiping her). The mom freaks out screaming her kid has cancer cause she read about it on the internet.

Anyway, on to the annoyed part.

As a favor to the mom, I agreed to keep the little girl 2 nights a week for $20 a night. (Huge pay decrease from my normal $15-$20 an hour I usually charge) but friend is a single.mom like me and her daughter used to go to the daycare I worked at and I am the only person who has ever watched her daughter besides family.

So, last night BF came over. She knew he was coming over. He called and told me he was gonna get to my house earlier than expected. I was super excited because I hadn't seen him in almost 2 weeks and the last time I did see him I was super sick.

He gets here like 20 minutes before she does. She gets here and flips out that he is here. What the fuck? She then proceeds to tell me that the only man she wants around her daughter ever is her daughters father.

She is yelling about how my BF is gonna molest her little girl or something.

First, my BF was never alone with her daughter. Her daughter was actually asleep in hee pack n play.

Second, my BF would never molest any child, ever. He has a little girl himself and he would never ever do anything to hurt any child, ever.

Third, your daughters is the one who is locked up. He is the one in jail for heroin. (She doesn't do drugs at all. I know that for a fact. And I have never seen or spoken to the child's father, only heard stories)

Fourth, you knew he was coming over. You didn't want her here with him, you should have gotten here on time instead of 2 hours late!!!

Then she proceeds to yell at me that she is my boss cause she pays me to watch her daughter. So I asked her if she was paying my unemployment tax, if she was was going to provide me with all the benefits an employer does. Of course she said no. I told her then she is not my employer and will certainly not tell me what does and does not happen in my own home.

She got mad and stormed off.

Ugh, so frustrated with her. I love her and am completely irritated with her at the same time. She is great fun sometimes. Other times, I can't stand to be in the same room with her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mommyto2LilMen
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:54 PM
If she is going to be like that I wouldn't babysit for her anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samscham89
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:03 PM

Your doing her a favor by watching her daughter for cheap.. if she doesnt like your services tell her to go somewhere else.. I hate when you help someone out and even tho your HELPING .. its just not good enough. ugh. lol Good luck!

MeeshMom
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:03 AM
She sounds like the kind of friend I'd like to LOSE. I'd distance myself to avoid that drama. I can't stand people like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:06 AM
You are trying to help and she is taking advantage. I'd talk to her again and maybe stop helping if this keeps up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beti78
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:42 AM
Stay friends, but avoid babysitting if possible.
BTW...I very much dislike nervous overprotective parents....so annoying!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-nUrSeToBe-
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:58 AM
I worry about strange men that I do not know around my daughter. If I trusted you, though, I might have said something like I don't feel comfortable with him left alone with her bc I don't know him, and I'm sure you would respect that. Horrible that people overreact sometimes. She's not right by any means, but maybe she was molested when she was younger?? That may explain her reaction.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
animebuddy
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 2:01 AM

She has serious issues.  I would stay away from her.  Freak babysitting!

Robsessed98
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 8:39 AM

I'd tell her to get another babysitter... and possibly a new friend.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)