Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We need your advice and imput ladies

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:00 PM
  • 20 Replies

Ok, well we need ideas. Me and my girlfriend of mine. She is very interested in a guy who is about 4 years older than her. He is southern. And he is, sorry, very uneducated. He can not read past a 5th grade level. But he can fix cars, bikes, everything with a moter faster than you can think about it. He is pretty smart when it comes to fixing things and working, but books and school things, no. IDK what to tell her. I'm not sure how I feel. He isn't into drugs, drinking here and there but nothing major. He is pretty sweet and really caring. Loves kids with a passion but has none. So what she is asking is what to do. She really likes him. But she doesn't know what to do bc of the educational problems there. I don't either. Her parents think he is just stupid bc of no education. I hate to say it, but I think that is my only problem for not fully liking him. But IDK. What do you ladies think? (she didn't know this til way after talking to him.)

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Robsessed98
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:08 PM

I personally never dated people based upon their education. The slowest people can be the sweetest, just like the smartest can be the biggest asses.  I say go out with him and see where it heads. If he's so good at fixing things, he shouldn't have a problem keeping a job, so finances shouldn't be a problem. If she likes him, go for it.

samscham89
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:12 PM

Some people are book smart, some people are street smart. As long as she is attracted to him, and wants to be with him, why make an excuse like his education to keep her from him? I mean if his lack of education was a buig problem, then she wouldnt be intrested in him at all.. Know what I mean?

KailesMommy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:24 PM

Quoting Robsessed98:

I personally never dated people based upon their education. The slowest people can be the sweetest, just like the smartest can be the biggest asses.  I say go out with him and see where it heads. If he's so good at fixing things, he shouldn't have a problem keeping a job, so finances shouldn't be a problem. If she likes him, go for it.

That is a problem....he has no GED or diploma. Plus he is on disability for some reason. IDK why. But he still does work under the table. And he does make great money on some weeks I guess. I see what your saying. She is just worried bc her family thinks she needs to be with a "book smart, street smart" man that can take care of her every need. And I'm not thinking that way. She just don't want to piss off her family I guess though.

KailesMommy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:25 PM

Quoting samscham89:

Some people are book smart, some people are street smart. As long as she is attracted to him, and wants to be with him, why make an excuse like his education to keep her from him? I mean if his lack of education was a buig problem, then she wouldnt be intrested in him at all.. Know what I mean?

She didn't know about that until recently. But yea I see what you mean. And I agree with you on that!

CMcDougal
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 8:52 AM
My XH was not the brightest but my son turned out extremely intelligent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coltenNlawson
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 9:37 AM
Mine too... when Colten was little my XH was Sooo worried about Colten in school, turns out he is VERY bright. Teachers are always very happy to have him as a student! :)

Quoting CMcDougal:

My XH was not the brightest but my son turned out extremely intelligent.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeeshMom
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 9:46 AM
Well does he hold a good job? Now I'm no gold digger but I believe a real man will work hard to take care of his family. If she loves him and he does just fine for himself I think that's ok but if it were me I'd prob be really upset about my family's thoughts. But then again neither of my parents went to college and they're both unemployed so I'd point that out to them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcook55
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 9:47 AM

wow that's pretty hateful to call someone stupid he may have some learning disability or something that he has no control over. she should date who ever she wants

Chanel5nyc
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 9:53 AM
I don't see the problem. My step father is from the south and didn't go pass the 6th grade because he had to work most of his life to help support his family. He always kept a job and a hard worker. He is also well spoken and smart. Sometimes life experiences is more important than getting a dipolma.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chanel5nyc
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 9:55 AM
And just because you go to school and/or graduate doesn't make you smart. Example: GEORGE W. BUSH. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)