Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

baby daddy problems

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 12:29 PM
  • 30 Replies

need to talk to someone who is dealing with another women being around your kid

by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kissybratzmom
by Steph on Jul. 10, 2011 at 1:11 PM

There's nothing you can do about it, and if you go to court, they'll tell you the same thing.

Robsessed98
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 1:15 PM

Welcome to the group. Most of us have had to deal with that at some point. Unless she is abusive, you can't keep other women away from your child... the best thing to do is kill her with kindness.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 10, 2011 at 2:05 PM
Welcome to the group I haven't had to deal with this yet but here is a bump for other moms to read!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beka83
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 2:07 PM
bump Ive never dealt with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Addison12
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 2:08 PM

Uhm yeah there is a rule about that with my DD father, NONE of his girlfriends are allowed near my child. Whatsoever.

zebralove
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2011 at 2:17 PM
I had to deal with that a few months back and now they are separated and she's pregnant and he wants to come back. Long story, but all you can do is just lay down rules for.both of you guys to respect each others decisions in raising your child.
Kissybratzmom
by Steph on Jul. 10, 2011 at 2:47 PM

And did a judge enforce that? If so, very rarely will a judge do that, and if they do, the custodial parent is expected to abide by the same set of rules. What goes for him, goes for you as well.

Dating isn't my first or highest priority, but I'm not going to give up and shelter my child from any man for the next 18 years. That's just completely stupid, and if you think someone will abide by that, even through the courts, I doubt they will.

Granted it's not healthy to drag your children in and out of relationships, but it's also not healthy to just shelter them their entire life.

Quoting Mom2Addison12:

Uhm yeah there is a rule about that with my DD father, NONE of his girlfriends are allowed near my child. Whatsoever.

Mom2Addison12
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 3:48 PM

Uhm I can make it that way. I've got proof he hangs out with nothing but DRUGGIES, his friends are NOT allowed around her whatsoever. Thanks anyways, it's in our custody papers, that he is not allowed to bring those friends around whil she is with him. He will try to get her to call his new GF mommy. And I won't let that fly.

MommysAngels810
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 4:07 PM

My ex has a new gf that he wants to introduce to my dd. This woman abandoned her own children when the youngest was about 6 months. Not sure I want her around my daughter but I can't legally do anything about it. I just told my ex that if she ever did anything to hurt my DD, shit was gonna hit the fan and I would make sure the gf wished she had never met me!!!

My ex did the same thing when my exbf and I were dating. He left threatening messages and phone calls to my exbf (bf at the time).

SarahDB99
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 4:16 PM

It makes my blood boil to actually meet my exes huzzies and think that they are going to hold or play with MY kid.  I do not like it at all.  I have an instant hatred toward this woman, or girl, or whatever they may be. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)