Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you really get over your childs father?/

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2011 at 11:33 PM
  • 38 Replies

My sons father left me when i was only 3 months pregnant and hasnt been around since and my son just turned two years old last month. it still hurts knowing my son is two and he still doesnt know his father.  I still have feelings for his father but will that go away?

by on Jul. 16, 2011 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
talensmommy
by on Jul. 16, 2011 at 11:54 PM

I can't honestly say it will go away but I do know that your feelings will change. My sons father hasn't been with me for about 2 years now and is going to be married early next month and has also had another baby. He sees our son but not as often as I'd like. I think that I'll always have "feelings" for him because he is my son's father but I don't think those feelings will ever be the same as they were when things were good between us!  *HUGS* 

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2011 at 11:54 PM
Being totally ignored during my whole pregnancy really sealed my feelings for my son's dad.

After he got married and let her try to control things about my son, that put the nails in the coffin.

But then again, I was never IN LOVE with him. I loved him greatly as my best friend but that's totally different.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenn31
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2011 at 11:56 PM
5 moms liked this

Him treating me like shit, is how I got over him. I don't want to be with someone who puts me down

Mia1983
by Mia on Jul. 17, 2011 at 1:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting jenn31:

Him treating me like shit, is how I got over him. I don't want to be with someone who puts me down

Yeah after a while you will have to realize there is really nothing to love about him.  What kind of dickhead leaves a pregnant woman?  When you know you are better off and can see what kind of person he is, maybe then things will change in your mind.

lissetteP
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2011 at 1:03 AM
I'm 39 w pregnant I was and I'm truly still inlove with my babies father.. He straight up treated and treats me like uma a piece of shit.. He's left me alone thru out the whole pregnancy and hardly ever calls me to c how babies doing.. He's living now with his other baby mama and it kills me when I think about those moments when we wer together and we wer happy.. It hurts me so bad and wish I didn't love him like I do.. Maybe I wudnt hurt as bad.. I wonder the same thing if I'm ever gonna get over him but I think maybe only th love of another guy can make my feelings fade.. I dnt wana love him anymore but the fact that theirs a whole half of him inside of me makes it so much harder.. I just ask the lord to help me with my feelings .. I hope my baby girl can help blow the pain away
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2011 at 1:04 AM
Honey, you will get over him treating you and your child like shit and when you do, all hell will rain down on him with a fury that makes him believe the words, "hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenn31
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2011 at 1:20 AM
3 moms liked this

Let me tell you a funny story.

My ex has 3 baby mommas and a fiance, and two mistress on the side. Well lets just say that out of all his women, I'm the only one who has a college degree; I'm the only one who made anything out of herself. Boy oh Boy it was hard. Those college days I had 0 $$$. If I did have money for food, it was government assistance. And I got a grant and went to school off that. Well long story short, after 6 year of hell, getting my masters, and passing boards; I do pretty good for myself.

I remember all those conversation of the ex trying to get me to quit school, "its not like people with degree actually work in the field that they go into." Thats the BS he would always feed me.

Well today, I rub it up and down in his face that I accomplish something he could not do. And if it wasn't for him treating me like shit, getting another chick pregnant, leaving us with nothing-----I would of never have gotten my shit together. So thank you A hole, for making me a better person.

I hope you know you are worth more then what this man is doing to you and your baby. Who the fuck leaves a pregnant women. Upgrade your man, Love yourself more, you are worth it momma.

jojomof2
by on Jul. 17, 2011 at 8:51 AM
YEAH. IT TAKES FOREVER THOUGH! IT TOOK ME TILL MY DIVORCE WAS TOTALLY FINAL TO START TO MOVE ON I STILL MISS HIM EVEN THOUGH HE F***** ME OVER.
UrbanSoccerMom
by on Jul. 17, 2011 at 9:00 AM

I'm really not sure!

I can say that although I don't want HIM back... I'm still haunted with the memory of dating another guy LIKE him. So, I've kinda just played games (dated much older men who I had no intentions of committing to) and that's how it's been going thus far!

Time is the only thing that helps, but all I can say is, fake it til you make it!

vamom08
by on Jul. 17, 2011 at 9:13 AM
I got over my daughter's father when I was buying formula,pampers,clothes and now she is 2 1/2 and now I'm still doing his job buying clothes,undies I was a daddy's girl so it has to be hard on my daughter I don't want her to see guys being a father figure I had my dad their to protect me from boys .I can do man's job but sometimes its go be hard when she get older.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)