• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I, Or Should I Not..

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:54 AM
  • 12 Replies

So i've been babysitting (now i'm more like a nanny) for the same family for 6 years, almost 7. And they want me to travel to Las Vegas with them and one of their close friends and watch their 3 kids while we're there. It wouldnt really be much of a vacation for me, it's more like work, since i wont really be doing much outside of the condo. But, i cant leave my son with my parents for the 3 days that i'll be gone, and i dont want to leave him with his dad for three whole days (most of you guys will understand the reasoning for that). But his dad really doesnt want me taking DS with me. He doesnt seem to understand that 1. i've gone on vacation with DS before  and 2. We honestly wont be doing much outside of the condo. I already told them i would go, i cant turn it down, i really need the money. Right now, my plan is to just do it and not tell him... he wouldnt really know since he never see's DS anyways. Is it wrong of me to do that?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
samscham89
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:00 AM
I don't think it's wrong. Depending on how your relationship with him is tho. I'd say if he doesn't see him much, just go. The way I see it is, if you're providing more then 50% for your son then you make up the rules. If his dad was there like he should be, then he'd have a say.. That's just how my situation works :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TreysMom827
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:09 AM

We dont have a very good relationship. and honestly, if i didnt tell him i was going i doubt he'd know. he probably wouldn't call or text to see DS or anything

Quoting samscham89:

I don't think it's wrong. Depending on how your relationship with him is tho. I'd say if he doesn't see him much, just go. The way I see it is, if you're providing more then 50% for your son then you make up the rules. If his dad was there like he should be, then he'd have a say.. That's just how my situation works :)

momtoboysjc
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:57 AM
I wouldsay go but it also depends on your custody agreement. If you have something court ordered that says you cant take him out of state without consent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
animebuddy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:22 AM
Just go hun. Its work and you need the money. Since he's not really involved, I wouldn't even have told him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chanel5nyc
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:27 AM
Just go. Its not like your moving out there. Its just for three days. Don't tell him sh*t.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kissybratzmom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:28 AM

Quoting animebuddy:

Just go hun. Its work and you need the money. Since he's not really involved, I wouldn't even have told him.

FLmom26
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:36 AM

I agree, just go. It's not like you're going for an extended period of time. Besides, you have to work to take of your son.

tyfry7496
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:37 AM
Just go. You do not need his permission to take your son on vacation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MarShy740
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:38 AM
I agree

Quoting samscham89:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ame4c
by Group Admin on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:48 AM

Hell no, it's none of your X's business how you use your parenting time.  If you were moving to Vegas, then yes you'd have to tell him, but your vacation plans/work plans are none of his business.  Even if he decided to complain to the courts, they would just laugh at him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)