Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Separate birthday parties?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:07 PM
  • 2 Replies

Okay so last year for my son's birthday party his father and I did separate. I threw him a family and close friends one. (dad side too), dad was invited but did not show because I said no new gf was allowed...(a lot of drama was happening and party was at my moms house, and his own family said if she went they wouldnt..easy choice for me). My son had turned two, had a blast and loved it.

This year, he is turning 3 and will remember it more than last year. I asked dad if he wanted to throw it together, he said yes, but again I said only family and close friends. He is no longer with now ex-gf so that will be easy (plus he is trying to come back home...) The thing is, since he and I are not trying to work on anything but I am pregnant with his 2nd child and no one know that I am and not showing but in October (party) will be, should I go ahead and still plan it with him? Many questions will arise...ESPECIALLY BECAUSE HIS EX IS DUE OCTOBER 18 WHEN MY SON'S BDAY IS OCT 14!!! (he says its his but is asking for a DNA test which shes not happy about). Yes he will have 2 infants about 4 months apart...

I still want to be civil for our son, the only real communication he and I have is basically throuh email or an occassional text. (i recently unblocked him because my email on my phone was going crazy)

Any thoughts?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
tyfry7496
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:15 PM
Have the party together and tell people you are pregnant before hand. Having the party together is what's best for the child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
freshbait
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:21 PM
I think in your sitch, you cant keep the pregnancy a secret forever so if you tell your fam & close friends before Oct. & the party, it wont be a shock & shouldnt be a issue. For those that do have a issue with your/the ex/ex g/f & her baby, they can choose to not attend if they think they cant control themselves around you & your ex. Ultimately, the party is to celebrate a 3yr old boy. Not about your sitch with your ex & people should be able to set anyother feelings aside for a few hrs IMO
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)