Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the best....?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:24 PM
  • 9 Replies
I know we all vent here a lot & I know that I have you all herr available to listen but for new single moms, mommas new to this group or even old vet single mommas who need a reminder, tell what is the best part about being a single momma, what are you grateful for?
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
foustgirl
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:26 PM

I loved being a single mom when my oldest was little.  We developed such a close bond, that now she's an adult with kids of her own, she is one of my best friends. 

Kissybratzmom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:37 PM

That I get to see all the "firsts"

freshbait
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:52 PM
mine is, I like making the rules for my home, I love the bond that dd & I share since we've been on our own pretty much her whole life, I love looking around my house & seeing that everything I have I got on my own, I love showing dd that as a woman you don't have to depend on anyone, I like not having to pick up after & take care of a man. I love going out & doing my own thing. I like leaving dirty dishes in the sink if I want. I like making what I feel like eating for dinner. & the list goes on. :) being a single mom isn't so bad
DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:56 PM

For me, what I love about being a single mom is that I have such a close and strong bond with my boys that I am not sure I would have if I were with their father. They talk to me and they know they will always have me here. I never knew real love until I had my children. They have taught me far more than I could ever hope to teach them. No matter how hard it gets, and it gets pretty hard sometimes, I dont go a moment without acknowledging just how blessed I am to be their mother. 

MAMATEE44
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:58 PM

THE PART I LOVED THE MOST WAS,  THAT WE WERE A TEAM.. WE STUCK CLOSE TOGETHER THRU EVERYTHING. WE SLEEP TOGETHER FOR YEARS. A QUEEN SIDE BED WIT MAMA BEAR & 3 LIL CUBS.. LOL  WE PLAYED GAMES TOGETHER. WE HEALED AND GREW TOGEHTER. THANKS TO THE GOOD LORD !! GOD PLAYED A BIG PART IN OUR INDEPENDANCE...   we rock      group hug

saltycoqui
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:03 PM

I like how close we are. I'd love it much better if we didn't live w/ my father.

freshbait
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:25 PM
I love your answers ladies! Keep them comin! :)
tyfry7496
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:43 PM

I love ALL the aspects of being a single mom and I wouldn't change it for anything. I always have liked it. There is no one to have to consult when I want to do something with or for my son. I make all the rules and consequences. My son and I have an amazing and close relationship. I am in the minority where I like being a single mom.

raegan1221
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:03 AM
I agree that its the bond. My son and I are very close. I also enjoy the fact that I don't have to include any other adult in financial decisions right now. Now when the time comes when I do, there will be no complaints from this girl. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)