Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Being a sick and single mom

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:54 PM
  • 16 Replies

Ever been so sick you can't move but too busy you can't get to the doctor? Well that's been me for the last couple of days. I feel like I've been run over by a truck but there's no one else to take care of my daughter but me. Usually my mom helps with my daughter but she is just getting out of the hospital herself. These are really the only times I miss having my husband around. There's no one to take over while I collapse. LOL

Asia

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jkia1boy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Okay, my questions are:

Are you really sick or just tired?  And are you a single mom, or a military mom that husband is away on duty??  The reason I ask this so I can know how to respond.  I seen you put laugh out loud at the end of collapse, so don't know if you're serious or is it just a figure of speech (No sarcasm)?

Silver_Nova2082
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:58 PM

been there

Ds had the stomach flu gasve it to every one in my parents home including me

he was stuck in our room and in his crib for 3 days b/c every one was pukin and i was only giving him apple sauce and meds me i was like ok your feed changed hope i wake to feed you again in 3 hours

AsiaCansler
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 1:01 AM

No, I'm not a military mom, I'm divorced. I think I'm coming down with a flu-type something. I just hurt all over. I did have a fever this morning but I took motrin and took my daughter to her violin lesson. That's what I mean by just wanting to collapse. I'm so achy and tired I could just sleep for an entire day.  I've been taking Emergen-C and water all day but still feel awful. Worse comes to worse she's just coming with me to the doctor.

Jkia1boy
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 1:09 AM

Quoting AsiaCansler:

No, I'm not a military mom, I'm divorced. I think I'm coming down with a flu-type something. I just hurt all over. I did have a fever this morning but I took motrin and took my daughter to her violin lesson. That's what I mean by just wanting to collapse. I'm so achy and tired I could just sleep for an entire day.  I've been taking Emergen-C and water all day but still feel awful. Worse comes to worse she's just coming with me to the doctor.

Wow....I do know how you feel, but just make sure you get a lot of rest Mama!  We as single moms have to really....take it easy.  We can drive ourselves down to the ground if we don't stop and take a breather.  Look, whatever needs to be done can wait.  I'm quit sure!  If not, then some things you are going to have to let go and please don't take what I said in a wrong way.   You are doing this all by yourself, so you have to take time out for yourself and the baby.  Just take it easy.  I'm here if you need to chat.

AsiaCansler
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 1:34 AM

Thank you for the encouragement. And yes, I should stop working and get some rest while the house is still quiet. :)

Asia

JCMEM09
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 1:50 AM
Yeah, it sucks but ya gotta do, what ya gotta do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gregory2
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:38 AM

Be careful moma. I did this for two weeks. Then woke up in the middle of the night thinking I was having a heart attack, however, it was the build up in my lungs. I had pneumonia bc I went without seeing the doctor.

strongerwtime
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 10:17 AM

Please take care of your self :(

jadanoel
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 10:31 AM

When we are sick, I think that is the absolute hardest time to be a single mom.  I feel your pain.  Hope you feel better soon!

animebuddy
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 10:48 AM

I feel you hun.  I was sick for several days and I have 2 kids.  Not much you can do.  Feel better

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)