Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

breastfeeding issue: who do i call?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:26 AM
  • 7 Replies
so my milk supply has never been super big but the right breast is coming along nicely The problem is the left one which seems to be sending not more than a drop ot 5 in 10 m of pumping I always pump both breasts at the same time.lately, after I see that thr R did well, I stop that side and just concentrate on L I am really concerned and I dont know if this is something to address with ob or pediatrician or who? any ideas? thanks Tana
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LifeCafe42
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:33 AM
The breast feeding group on cm is Awesome I would go there and ask
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grneyedormom
by Kendra on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:35 AM
WIC, your local La Leche League, lactation consultant from the hospital where you gave birth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CMcDougal
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:43 AM
It's pretty common to have one side that is more conducive to pumping. I did.

Have you tried a different sized shield for that side? What kind of pump are you using?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zmama22
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:56 PM

Quoting CMcDougal:

It's pretty common to have one side that is more conducive to pumping. I did.

one side never produced enough and i would switch up all the time. but check w/the groups on here or la leche do see if you can do anything about it.

jlo1313
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:53 PM

its not uncommon.  Try pumping at a different speed or suction on left for a bit, my problem was that it was more stimulated by baby latch on and didn't react to the pump as well.  It would engorge very quick after I pumped but when I got home and nursed it would release.  I don't think its anything to worry about. 

CMcDougal
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:56 PM
Oh and feel free to PM me, I pumped for 9 months while in law school. I've been through it all, LOL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mia1983
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 4:02 PM

Check out La Leche League.  I went to a few of their meetings and it was pretty helpful.  Also, if you get WIC, go to them first.  They were a huuuuuuge help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)