Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

this may be one of the hardest things i have ever done.

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:43 PM
  • 19 Replies
I have decided to take a vow of celibacy. I kno that to many of y'all this may not seem like very much but to me it is alot. Especially considering how sexual a person I am. To me sex is ALOT and to me going without sex for an extended period of time is like some women going without their favorite soda or chocolate. Neither if which i really care for lol.

I really have no.idea why i am telling y'all this lol but Oh well.

I have decided to do this bc it seems like every relationship i have ends up being about sex. That and wen you have at least two guys "on call" there comes a point where you just get tired. I kno how bad that sounds. If it were anyone else i would be sittin here talkin shut about em. I kno its wrong but hey its the truth. But i finally realized that if i am going to talk about someone else doing the same thing i am doing what right do i have to talk about them?

I really Dont kno wat i am trying to say, i just needed some where to spill a little bit Lol i kno none of this probably makes any sense.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tyfry7496
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:45 PM
Good luck!! I did it for 7 years. It got really easy after about 6 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizzyPookey1248
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:51 PM
I appreciate it. To me sex is my drug and i kno this is not going to be easy. Hell it has only been a week and I'm already craving. Oh yea this is not going to be easy. But i kno that the reasons i am doing it are very worth it and life stick to my guns i CAN AND WILL do this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Embers_mommy200
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:57 PM
Its been since January 15 2011 since I have had sex and to make matters worse I am 8 months pregnant and have been a horn dog this whole time. And no I don't own toys!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2011 at 4:08 PM

You can do it!

freshbait
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 4:16 PM
Sex free since December 24, 2010! Lol like you Ive chosen to remain celebit. It makes everything less complicated. No worries about disease, pregnancy, what a guys intentions are etc. & yes it does get easier as time goes on. Good luck!
Andrewsmom70
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 4:23 PM
Are you going totally celibate or will you 'take matters into your own hands' from time to time?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyDiva19
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 5:45 PM
Been celibate since December 19 2010, it gets hard sometimes but it's not that bad. :) I've done it before as well from 2004 until 2007. You'll get used to out and then sex will seem like a distant memory :) Good Luck mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crimsonangel180
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 9:16 PM
Ive been since august of 08.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeeshMom
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 9:37 PM
That's good. I did it 3 years and now I'm back again going on 5 months. It'll help you reevaluate what you really want as far as defining what you want in a relationship with a man. Sex is a perk to relationship. It's not the reason for a relationship. I'm sure many of us did what you did at some point in time. I'm proud of you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
josiahmom
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 8:20 AM

good luck. i tired that and it lasted til my fiance now. it was about close to 3 years i went without.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)