Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"earning" money...

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:58 PM
  • 7 Replies

My oldest son is 9 and he's decided he wants to save $100 by Christmas so he's been doing some extra things around the house and did some yardwork for the neighbor.  So fast forward to this evening....I am in my room on CafeMom and have the tv on.  He comes in and says "Mom can I watch tv with you?"  I say "yeah but the tv is frozen right now."  The screen was black but you could hear the program....he gets up and unplugs the cable box and turns it back on....it's working and I said "Oh thanks" (I was just gonna wait for it to come back).  He says "I fixed it, where's my money?"  I said "what money?"  He said "I fixed it, you need to pay me, like a repair man, I just earned a few bucks!"   I just laughed at him.   Nice try :)

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
tyfry7496
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:57 PM
Lol! Thats cute. You have a little businessman on your hands.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mkhickford
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:40 PM
Too funny!! Future CEO right there!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hdecker1217
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:06 PM
Lmao! He's got a point ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms.sophsmom
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:11 PM
Lmao too cute
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2011 at 4:12 PM

ROFL!

My 10 year old wrote a note to the toothfairy the other night (he knows, but he doesn't want to believe, that she's not real).  It said "I was thinking you should pay me $1 for each year old that I am and I'm 10".... the toothfairy wrote back saying "Nice try, big guy".  Guess our boys are on the same wavelength this week.  

momtoboysjc
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Quoting amonkeymom:

ROFL!

My 10 year old wrote a note to the toothfairy the other night (he knows, but he doesn't want to believe, that she's not real).  It said "I was thinking you should pay me $1 for each year old that I am and I'm 10".... the toothfairy wrote back saying "Nice try, big guy".  Guess our boys are on the same wavelength this week.  

That is TOO funny........if our boys got togehter I think we'd be in trouble!  :)

Keely78
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 9:22 PM

lol thats too cute

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)