Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

its OFFICIAL! Need some advice though

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:27 PM
  • 9 Replies

So i got the signed divource papers back from the judge on thurse. I got full 100% physical and legal custody of our 2 year old and our 9 month old. however he gets " resonable visistation" what does that mean? the reason of the line reads " reasonable visitation, not allowed in cases of domestic violence"  however that is why we got divourced, because he slammed our 2 year old head into a coffee table when he was 19 monthes old. we will go back  in front of the judge in nov to reevaluate, however i would like the judge to give him supervised visitation then. their dad moved back to WI from CA when we seperated. child support still needs to be set at a differnt court because the divource court couldnt touch his navy retirement or his va money. and without that he make like 1000 a month and my child support would be crap. the judge did order him to pay half of the dayvare bill also. will he be fourced to pay the child care cost the same way as child support? and does anyone know how reasonalbe visitation works?

BF-ING, CLOTH DIAPERING, DELAY-VAXING, ERF- MAX, NON-CIRCING, CO-SLEEPING, NAVY, SINGLE MAMA TO TWO LITTLE MONKEY BOYS, GEORDON AND JOEY

toddler boy   baby boy

GEORDON 8-6-09    JOEY 10-29-10

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
idomatter
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:54 PM

I'm pretty sure reasonable means agreed upon between the two of you. It works if you get along. Maybe getting it set in Nov would be better if there is a chance of that happening. But with the DV, shit they should have had that put in the decree.

KJ_on
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:31 AM

Quoting idomatter:

I'm pretty sure reasonable means agreed upon between the two of you. It works if you get along. Maybe getting it set in Nov would be better if there is a chance of that happening. But with the DV, shit they should have had that put in the decree.

thats what i thought? is there anyway that i can take it back to court to get it fixed?

BF-ING, CLOTH DIAPERING, DELAY-VAXING, ERF- MAX, NON-CIRCING, CO-SLEEPING, NAVY, SINGLE MAMA TO TWO LITTLE MONKEY BOYS, GEORDON AND JOEY

toddler boy   baby boy

GEORDON 8-6-09    JOEY 10-29-10

idomatter
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:34 AM

Here you have 30 days to make changes to a court order incl. divorce. Let your attorney know.

KJ_on
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:49 AM

Quoting idomatter:

Here you have 30 days to make changes to a court order incl. divorce. Let your attorney know.

what state are you in?

tyfry7496
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:53 AM
Talk to your attorney, every state is different.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KJ_on
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 1:15 AM

i couldnt afford an attory i onyl had a paralegal/

nekokaye
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 1:17 AM

Haha. Me and my kids dad have a "reasonable visitation" agreement too. If the times are not specified, it basically means it's whenever the heck you are okay with him seeing them. =]

colins_mom
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 1:18 AM
If your area has legal aid they can hook you up with free/cheap legal services to help you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KJ_on
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 1:34 AM

Quoting nekokaye:

Haha. Me and my kids dad have a "reasonable visitation" agreement too. If the times are not specified, it basically means it's whenever the heck you are okay with him seeing them. =]

really? how do you make it work? im not ok with them going out of state with him until they are much older and remember him inbetween visits. i dont want them to leave with some" stranger" and go somehwere theve never been. ya know?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)