Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quick question??

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:52 PM
  • 9 Replies
Im SICK of looking the way i do and was wondering if i walk 5miles 5 days a week if ill lose weight?im alrdy dieting and do other workouts at up i just wanna turbo it up sum
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
idomatter
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:56 PM

Quick answer: you gotta exercise your whole body. Cut out almost entirely grease food, sugar food, overeating on carb.

bubbie_mama19
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:26 AM
Ty u very much i do most of that now so i hope im on the right track

Quoting idomatter:

Quick answer: you gotta exercise your whole body. Cut out almost entirely grease food, sugar food, overeating on carb.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mytrueloveS
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:56 AM

DRINK WATER lots of it. 

kavp84
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:57 AM

Walking never hurts... but I don't know how much it helps. Jog maybe? Or trot... I know lots of women who trot because they want something faster than a walk, but they can't/don't want to jog or run. It gets your heart rate up there, that's for sure!

Mia1983
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 1:32 AM

Walking will help some....it definitely beats nothing.  You can start doing that and then work up.  But remember you have to eat well too.

LovinLiv
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 2:25 AM
Walking is good to start with, then do some jogging. I like running but I've always been a long distance runner. Walking is great cardio but you have to do other things too. If you want muscle tone in your abs and legs I LOVE pilates. Maybe take a pilates class? also eat right, don't just count calories really eat right. Losing weight is very possible if you're willing to take time and do it right, don't look for a quick fix. And cut out dark sodas, even diet! The coloring builds up around fat cells and make them harder to burn. Drink tons of water. If you don't like water I recommend the Mio flavoring. It's a liquid with no calories that you squirt in water and you can make it as strong or as weak tasting as you want. That helps me a ton since I really don't like plain water unless its right after a work out.

Just some tips :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillg24
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 2:29 AM

I did 5 miles a day 7 days a week, was able to eat anything I wanted & still kept slim. As long as you keep up a pretty good pace & keep your heart rate up. I need to get back into that.

Andrewsmom70
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 4:18 AM
One of the best ways to help speed up weight loss and see dramatic changes in your body is to add weight training to your workout schedule.

At the end of last August (2010) I weighed 245 lbs and was wearing size 20s and 22s. I did cardio and changed my eating habits and lost about 30 lbs from Aug to Nov. Then I got lazy and put about 10 lbs back on. Then in Feb. Of this year I started going to a personal trainer twice a week for 30 minutes each time. Along with cardio 5 or 6 days a week, I've lost a total of 75 lbs and I'm in 14s and 12s right now. Working with the trainer has really helped change how my body looks.

Walking is a great cardio choice because it's low impact. However, you have to make sure you're walking fast enough to get your heart rate up. Cardio will burn the excess fat. And weight training will add muscle mass. And the more muscle mass you have, the better your body burns calories. Plus muscle takes up less space than fat does, so you'll start looking thinner.

Feel free to let me know if you have questions.

I'm still working on losing more weight. I'm hoping to lose about 30 more lbs and then I'll see how I feel from there and adjust whether I want to lose more or not.

It's not easy but the health benefits are sooooo worth it! Hope you keep up the good work. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 6:54 AM
Its tough I've been walking 2.5-3 miles a day and I've lost 13lb in 2 months I need to switch up my routine though because I've plateaued . I use myfitnesspal.com to track my food intake and yea water helps if you don't drink enough your body starts storing water
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)