Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update to the I just had to ask him post...

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:22 AM
  • 10 Replies

So I talked to "S" tonight and asked him some questions that were bothering me after last nights phone call. I had known him and the last ex were off and on, I just didn't know how long they had been "on" this last time. He said they had been split for a while and this last time had only lasted maybe 3 weeks before she proved she hadn't changed and he said he was done with her. It's nothing like what I thought it was. I am soooo relieved. He said he doesn't want to be with her, and he won't take her back. He said he is much happier now. He even voluntarily told me what she had called and said. She was wanting to get back on his good side and work things out so she could move in with him. She was complaining about her current living arrangements and saying how it wasn't working out. He told her too bad, and that he was done and had moved on. He said it was a short/awkward conversation.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nappeal
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Please still be cautious...IDK, a man who is recently separated from someone, even if the other person was terrible, deceitful, or they say they're over them, is someone who you should be cautious w IMO.  You don't want to find out she came back around, and/or that he was still going back and forth w her while being dishonest w you.

Chanel5nyc
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:58 AM
Yes, be cautious and use protection at all times!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:32 AM
That all sounds good and I hope hes being straight with you, but I hope you will still take it slow and keep your eyes open. Even if he is through with her, he obviously had feelings for her just a few short weeks ago and he could still be rebounding. You can hate the person you were with and still rebound. I hate to be negative because I know you really like him and I hope I am wrong, I just dont want to see you get hurt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cadeesmommy0120
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:25 AM
Hope he's being truthful! But it's good that he voluntarily told you. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
animebuddy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:55 AM
I agree. At least he's being honest.

Quoting Robsessed98:

That all sounds good and I hope hes being straight with you, but I hope you will still take it slow and keep your eyes open. Even if he is through with her, he obviously had feelings for her just a few short weeks ago and he could still be rebounding. You can hate the person you were with and still rebound. I hate to be negative because I know you really like him and I hope I am wrong, I just dont want to see you get hurt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:57 AM
Its good he was honest with you I'd still be cautious!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeepingirrl
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:08 AM

I agree with everyone else.....take things slow.

Kissybratzmom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:09 AM

Thanks ladies :o) I like him and all but I'm just taking it one day at a time.

zmama22
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:28 AM

Quoting Kissybratzmom:

Thanks ladies :o) I like him and all but I'm just taking it one day at a time.

good! there are some good men out here, but make sure he's one of them before you put your everything into it.

Mommyto2LilMen
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:52 AM

So glad you ugys are able to talk about it all!!  Even after 6 1/2 months I take it one day at a time, I am so scared of being hurt again and of my boys being hurt!!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)