Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do i get over my ex?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:31 AM
  • 11 Replies
I am 6 months pregnant and i am only 19 years old. About 2 weeks ago My boyfriend who is now my ex, decided to break up with me. I am really hurt by this but there is nothing i can do to make him want me back. He is going to be in my baby life but can anyone please tell me how i can get over him and what i can do so i wont have any feelings toward him???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hunterNgaugesma
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:06 AM

the only differnce between me n u is he left me a month ago. it does get easier. u will need someone to talk to so ur stress level stays down, the most important information i get from loved ones is all u need to worry about is u and that baby. he might just be scared and not know how to handle it but either way you are whats important right now. keep the baby healthy try to go out for a walk or something so you dont have to think about him and it should get easier....this is my personal advice it seems to be workin 4 me i hope this helps good luck

Robsessed98
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:23 AM
I was in your shoes when I was 23. Its not easy but you need to focus on yourself and your baby. Surround yourself with family and friends and just give it time. It does get easier with time and you can do this alone. We're here for you anytime you need to unload.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bamababe1975
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:46 AM

((HUGS)) and it'll get easier with time, as cheesy as that sounds.

nappeal
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:09 AM

Unfortunately, there is no button or switch or anything else to make you instantly get over him.  It takes time and a lot of effort on your part, which isn't easy ever...esp when you're pregnant!  First and foremost, you need to take care of yourself and your baby - that means to reduce your stress as much as possible.  Make more time for friends & family...they'll make you feel better and make it just a little easier to keep your mind off of your ex.  Make time for yourself...get rest, do something special for yourself, go for a walk.  That's the most imprtant thing.  Then, do what you can to not contact your ex...that just adds more stress on to you to frequently try to get a hold of him.  No texting, no phone calls, no emails or FB messages.  If he wants to know something or be involved, its on him to take the steps to get a hold of you.  You really have to convince yourself that for right now while its only you and baby, he doesn't exist...you & baby are the most important people anyway.   

MeeshMom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:24 AM
My sons dad left me for someone else pretty much when we found out I was preg and he married her a week before my son was born. But involving myself with better friends and focusing on me and my son got me through. It takes time but remember you're not alone and you're prob better off in the long run.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strongerwtime
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:52 AM

Friends, family, and cafemom.

singlemom123697
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:01 AM

Mine broke up with me right before I found out I was pregnant. He lived with another woman for 2 years. We eventually got back together, but his "other" problems tore us apar, long story but he is not living with me now, was thought for almost 6 mos. It was really hard on me...the only thing that helped was to try keeping busy and a positive attitude. I  just focused on what I had to do to help me and my son. I worked part time & made friends that I could talk to, that really helps too!

nicoal4
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:09 AM

So sorry your dealing with that right now But sadly there isn't anything you can do to not have feelings towards him..If your a Logical thinker than you can make a list of pros and cons of him and be honest about what type of person he was to you and others and see if his negatives out weigh his positives and See that its best for you to have someone better also start telling your self you have made a early step with having a baby but it can be fixed you can focus on getting in to college WHICH you will get totally paid for not that you have a baby and its best to get it done now well the baby is small and that way when it is old enough to miss you,. You will be working a normal 9-5 job so the baby will have the support you both need and Being educated and settled will help you find the right kind of guy someone also settled with a good job JUST really focus on making your life better now start working out do yoga do a life make over.. AND your so young if you get your education now IT will be so much easier for you to pay for a babysitter when you are 21 and want to go have a good time NOT AND THEN and you will be able to pay someone that you trust .. Baby sitters are hard to pay for when you are barely making enough to pay bills YOU can flip your whole life around right now for the better,,, 

Mommyto2LilMen
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:16 AM

It will take time hun!! Deep down you may always have feelings for him, but they will befome less and less.  *HUGS*

gregory2
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Girl, it takes time. Its so hard to understand that at 19. Believe me I know. I was 19 while preggo with my first. We were "on and off" durning that whole pregnancy. More "off" then "on". He barely made it to our son's birth bc he had gone on a 800 mile road trip with his ex wife. They had JUST got back the night I went into labor. He was a mess. The only thing though, I never gave it "time" I wanted him back.... So I got what I wanted after I had our son. All it did was pretty much ruin my early 20's. I'm now 25 with 3 kids, alone, working, and going to school full time. It's not the best road. I wish I would have never gone back, and stayed with my mom, finished school, and "dated" other people. You can do this, if he has left you, let him be. It is his loss in the end for not trying.

I wish you the best of luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)