• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can i expect after having my baby?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:10 AM
  • 9 Replies
After i have my baby, i was wondering if my stomach will stay big or will it shrink back down to the size it was before i got pregnant? And after i have my baby, i was wondering if wearing a gertle will make my stomach muscles tight?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
tyfry7496
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:31 AM
Don't worry about your stomach. You will be so busy with your precious baby it won't matter.

It all depends. Some go back to normal, close to normal or some stay flabby and need help. Not sure about the girdle though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kyliesmommy7
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:37 AM
Mine went down to smaller then i was when i got pregnant but i had a medical condission called hyperemesis and had my gull bladder taken out so i lost 30 pounds during bregnancy and only gained 10
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms.sophsmom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:12 AM
Mine went back to where it was before baby..

I agree with the first poster though lol you won't even care. I was far too sore n tired to care abt my tummy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikkik526
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:15 AM

Quoting tyfry7496:

Don't worry about your stomach. You will be so busy with your precious baby it won't matter.

It all depends. Some go back to normal, close to normal or some stay flabby and need help. Not sure about the girdle though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cadeesmommy0120
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:27 AM
Mine took a while but after some hard work it got smaller then before. Good luck with your little one!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovinLiv
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:46 AM

Quoting tyfry7496:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:51 AM
Mine went back to normal quickly after the first one. The second wasnt quite so quick, but I gained 40 lbs. with her. It just depends on your body. Dont worry about it now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nappeal
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:31 AM

You will have a flabby belly for a few weeks after giving birth.  Your stomach was just stretched to the limits, and it won't just spring back to regular quickly.  My Dr w my first told me that it takes 9 months for your body to get get large enough to accomidate a baby, and it'll take about 9 months for your body to get back to normal.  W my 3rd I gained a whopping 14 lbs during the pregnancy, and I still had a belly to deal w.  W all of my kids I did use a girdle, and my understanding is that its recommended after having a baby.  It tells your body where everything should go again...your organs move, skin and muscles stretch, and a girdle will help shape them to where they were before your pregnancy.  NTM, it will help you feel a little better about yourself when you wear one underneath your clothes.  Congrats!

Photobucket
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:50 PM
Mine went back to normal but was loose and there was a crease at the bottom. That crease will collect a little fat and never go away unless you are a gym rat. I can hide mine though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)