Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They finally met!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:16 PM
  • 7 Replies

Well, sort of. I'm talking about my son and his great-grandmother on his father's mother's side. They didn't get to meet in person, but I had recently sent her our phone number in a letter. She called today while he was still at school, but she left a message and we called her back when we got home. DS talked to her for over half an hour chatting her ears off about... well... everything. She told him how she'd hurt her leg and was on crutches using a cane, and he told her all about dolphins and how a sting ray stings people and asked about her favorite football team. It was so funny! He had the biggest smile on his face!

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
nessac1987
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:33 PM
Awww thats so cute! im sure you made their days:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
animebuddy
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:25 AM
Awww so cute. Its good that he's able to keep in touch with his fathers side.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AMsMommy212
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:02 AM

awe

cadeesmommy0120
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 11:00 AM

AW

Mommyto2LilMen
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 11:51 AM

THat's great!

Robsessed98
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:50 PM
I think its great. Any chance of them m├ęting in person?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DDDaysh
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 5:33 PM

I'd really like them to, but she lives in Wyoming and I have no idea how on earth we'd get up there!  It would take at least 3 days driving to get there, so you're talking about 6 days round trip just for the drive, not counting any time there.  The only time we could even attempt it would possibly be at the very beginning of June because otherwise he's either in school or I'm in the middle of busy season at work.  I've though about flying, but plane tickets to their area of Wyoming are really expensive, and you still have to rent a car to get anywhere near where they live. 

Even if we did, I'm not sure where we could stay.  She lives in the middle of nowhere kind of up in the mountains.  I'm not sure I could even find her house without a guide.  I also don't know how the rest of her family would feel about the visit.  My ex managed to get his parents to cut ties with us.  I don't think the great-grandparents are defying him to stay in contact with us, rather I think that he just didn't even consider that I'd reach out to them and so hasn't bothered to try to forbid the contact.  If I started calling around to his aunts and uncles to arrange a visit though, it might get back to him and I'm terrified he'd somehow manage to sever the link all together. 

I've thought about this alot though...  trying to figure out how to make it work. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)