Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

my ex is a momma's boy & he is 30!!!!!

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 1:50 PM
  • 11 Replies

hello everyone! :)

so I am new at this. I have 2 kids from a previous marriage , 17 & 12 and  my 18 month old with a man i thought was my bff! they are both jerks! I am not perfect , but I am a great mom , dont drink , do drugs , work full time to provide fo rmy kids,  My ex husband , is a deadbeat , does nto work , pay child support buy my kids anything , but we went to court for custody and the courts gave him 50/50. i hate the justice system. So my lil ones dad and I have been bff's for 10 years. I decided to let him live with me 2 weeks before my baby was born. So he  lives with me for 2 months  and one day he didnt come home. When i asked he said he had a GF and he didn't think it was going to bother me. =/ I immediately kicked him out, he lives with his old single mom and he is her only child. he has been draggin me to court since my daughter was 2 months. Basically he gets visitation, yet he doesnt speak to me , nor does his mom nor do they try and help in any way even tho she is his 1st baby and her first grandbaby. They decided to stop speaking after I put him on child support. I guess that cuts into his moms money because she has never worked, he has always supported her. I found out later that everyone knew he ahd a GF since they work together. She went to my babyshower and I didnt even know she was his GF! Its just hard being a single mom , sharing custody with these men that claim they love there kids , but aren't willing to grow up and help witih the kids, not use them as a pawn. What do you guys think ?

by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
animebuddy
by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group! I say try  not to concentrate on your childrens fathers and what it is they do.  Dont help them out in the future because you already know how they are. 

muwchck
by Erin on Oct. 25, 2011 at 12:20 AM

I know the feeling.  When my ex gets out of rehab (any day now) he'll be right back living with his grandmother who supports him financially, well she did before he went back to jail this last time.  I'm hoping he gets a major wake up call and all that shit changes, but I'm almost certain it wont.  Men don't always grow up, and if they have someone that lets them be children, they will be.

muwchck
by Erin on Oct. 25, 2011 at 12:20 AM

Oh yeah, the ex is 32. 

janell22
by on Oct. 25, 2011 at 9:23 AM
Focus on your baby and being the wonderful mother that I'm sure you are. They are not worth the headaches thinking about what useless excuses for men they are give you! Karma is a bitch. It may sound spiteful but get him for as much $ as you can, kids are not cheap and if he's not going to help you in any way then he should pay!
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Oct. 25, 2011 at 9:45 AM

Quoting animebuddy:

Welcome to the group! I say try  not to concentrate on your childrens fathers and what it is they do.  Dont help them out in the future because you already know how they are. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Michele321
by on Oct. 25, 2011 at 10:17 AM

I think that is terrible. Sorry for your pain but you can work with the state to make them pay child support. That is the least they can do. God Bless.

bella032010
by on Oct. 25, 2011 at 10:54 AM

thank you alll for your support!!! :D yes I agree focus on my kids always. I think that is why they try and mess with me and usse our kids becasue they know that they are my only concern and since i dont pay attention to them , only my kids it bugs them . You know the mother of my baby's father said she didnt know how I can work, take care of my kids and all. That i am better off leaving my 18 month old to her. She is a psycho ! hahahah! :D have a great day laydies !!!!! lets chat later k , im at work :) :) xoxo! GOD blesss you all !!!!

Mia1983
by Mia on Oct. 25, 2011 at 4:07 PM

I agree.  Welcome to the group!

Quoting animebuddy:

babydenton12
by on Oct. 25, 2011 at 4:22 PM
My ex has two children from a previous marriage and just went from having residential 50/50 custody to being the every other weekend parent with 50/50 custody, pays 325.00 a month child support, visitation every other weekend and every thursday for a few hours. I am not seeking CS, willing to workout a visitation schedule that works out for both of us and he completely ignores me. He convinced me to have a baby with him and get married then vanished. I think he should actually be grateful that I am trying to do it by myself and not going after him but he doesn't see that. So I guess when little Natalie is born ill file for DNA testing, medicaid, and CS on him. I swear sometimes it doesn't pay to be nice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Oct. 25, 2011 at 4:22 PM

is it his kid? did his gf know it was his kid?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)