• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you....

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:22 AM
  • 10 Replies
Stay Organized???? Any tips?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Robsessed98
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:57 AM

I used to be OCD about organization but anymore live in disorganized chaos and it drives me insane!

Momsboys2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:16 AM

My friends do this and at first I thought it was werid but I know that I will be finding myself doing it soon, is get totes for stuff. Like for their bills/stamps/address book they have it all in a fishing box, same with all her "extras" in the kitchen (stuff you don't need often but always have like food coloring, etc), under the bathroom sink is a box just for nail stuff. Hope that helps and good luck!!

bamababe1975
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:15 AM

I don't stay organized, lol, though I do try. I have bins and boxes for everything, though, which helps tremendously.

AMsMommy212
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:39 AM

ahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahaha

<--  no hope for me ever getting organized--

hope you get some good tips though :o)

gregory2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:49 AM

I'm curious to see others advice. I use to be OCD over EVERYTHING. then I became a single mom to 3 kids, working full time, and in school. I'm NEVER organized now! I hate the caious in my house! I can get myself back on track for maybe a week, then down we go again. lol.

dlovelymo3
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:30 AM
Me too, i hate to know that. I have files and those box filing systems. I'm trying to figure out how long to keep things. I need a shredder. I know i have papers that need to be thrown out.

I like baskets, especially for my daughter. However, keeping her organized is a task by itself. I need to do lists and I usually keep appts in my phone. I have noticed when i don't write things down, its over!

Also, my purse can get "crowded"...lol

Quoting gregory2:

I'm curious to see others advice. I use to be OCD over EVERYTHING. then I became a single mom to 3 kids, working full time, and in school. I'm NEVER organized now! I hate the caious in my house! I can get myself back on track for maybe a week, then down we go again. lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:31 AM
I am the most disorganized person on earth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dlovelymo3
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 9:35 AM
Me too and almost hitting 40, kids are bigger than me, my life is changing and organizing it all comes into organizing my house. I cant function like i used too. Too many bad things have happened. I'm calling in the troups and we're going to get this done! Lol

If they want to be able to do things, they have to remember too, and keep themselves together. I can't do it all! Thanks guys!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichLW69
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I use Excel spreadsheets.(I have a chore list for my daughters and one for myself. That way I never feel overwhelmed. If you break everything down into small duties, it won't seem like you spend one whole day cleaning, paying bills, etc.) I do the same thing with grocery shopping. I keep a spreadsheet of items, that are color-coded and by isle. That way I'm not getting things that I have doubles of at home (otherwise one of my daughters would say, "We need peanut butter", and I'd get home and there wouldd be 3 jars of it in the cabinet!

For other people (my mom is sick and she needs to keep track of her seizures, symptoms, etc.) I have a spiral notebook with the dates, feelings she had, how long it lasted, what lead up to it. 

I do the same thing for work. I work in an extremely confidential field and not one piece of paper passes my desk that doesn't have a date stamp, who gave it to me and notes on what I did. Once I finish a project, I file away my notes. That way if someone comes back and said, "I never got so-and-so from you", I have proof not only of receiving it, but notes I took on what they asked for. 

KRIZZ25
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 2:37 PM

i just turned my dd small room into a play /room..she is moving up wth her sister . brother is taking small room..my parents have a room.i have the basement ..i throw a lot away ..i mean a lot ..Ben's,containers,.what thy don't play wth OR is broke goes away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)