Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Interesting Discussion at School

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:13 AM
  • 4 Replies

I attended my CDA class last night and man did we have a weird topic.

This is a daycare cerification class for those who don't know. Yet, for (yes I counted) 45 minutes our teacher ranted and raved about this one school district and her struggles with them. Her son is now 18 but has special needs. Well, from listening to her; the darn school did nothing for her. That she had to figure it out all on her own. That she knew everything. That she was the one that got him the most help. On and on and on. Im sitting there like honestly? What does this have to do with early education!?

Sorry for my rant. It's fine to make a connection but for almost an hour! On what? Anyone else have this happen when they attend school?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
tyfry7496
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:04 AM
It has a lot to do with Early Education. She's showing you how hard it is to get kids the help they need. It's about advocating for kids who can't speak for themselves. You will have to deal with young kids with special needs or emerging special needs and you need to know how to advocate for them. You need to know where to go for help. You will have to make and record observations, talk to staff, etc. I know because I've been there as an EC teacher and parent. If it wasn't for an instructor talking about her experiences I would not have the knowledge I do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Delila12
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:23 AM
Yea. My teachers sometimes do that. Talk about something that somewhat relates, but really isn't that relevant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KailesMommy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:26 AM

My computer teach is BADDD for that! Lol he doesn't even do something that is even close to what we are learning...excel. But he will ramble on for an hour or longer about anything else. lol

lovinlife13
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:28 AM
One of instructors in nursing school used to go off on these ridiculously long tangets about her dogs. It was awful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)