• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this fair?? Custody Negotiations?? EDIT for more detail

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:05 AM
  • 13 Replies

Poll

Question: Is DD's dad getting three weekends in a row fair with me getting one weekend??

Options:

Yes, take it.

No, pursue further negotiations

Other, explain please.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 6

View Results

My ex has suggested he gets our DD three weekends in a row and then I get one and every week through the week or he wants every other week.  I definitely don't like the idea of switching every other week.  Do you think every three weekends is fair??  On the weekend I have her he would take off two days through the week to switch out with me.  I just knowing that I wont see her on the weekends for three weekends in a row...

EDIT  for further detail

My DD is 4.5 years old.  Her dad is a private investigator with a very odd schedule.  Alot of times he has to be at work at 6am anbd her daycare doesnt open that early.  He lives 20 minutes away right now.  She is in daycare 5 days a week while Im in school.  I dont like every other week because I think she is too young.  I'm considering asking if I can have her some friday evenings so I can play with her.  I am sympathetic to his work schedule and he is a good dad to her.  This is just not an ideal situation for anyone.  IDK what Im going to do.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jackieb2811
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:14 AM

That is a very weird arrangement. I wish my twins dad was even close to capable to having his kids that long. My one friend her and her kids dad do every other week I like that better then what I do and that is switching days throughout the week and weekend. My twins live with me but he wants them thursday evening to friday morning then saturday night all day sunday bring them back sunday and bring them back sunday night. They go to school 4 days a week and I do not see him as capable of being able to get up dress them and take them to school monday morning anyhow so it works for me. But I would RATHER them only be there sat to sun. His house is a dump and he has his gf and brother living there and neither of them nor him do shit.

blessedwitluv
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:45 AM
How old is your dd? How far apart do you all live? Is she in daycare, have a babysitter?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:51 AM
Why not give him 1st, 3rd and when there is one, 5th friday to Monday w a midweek dinner on wed? Or 2today midweek dinners, tues and thurs?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wigglesmomma22
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:21 AM

BUMP!

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:35 AM
If u do my suggestion, you could play w her on ypur weekends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wigglesmomma22
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:42 PM

I already suggested what you said to him and he has shot it down multiple times.  I wish.

Quoting faerie75:

If u do my suggestion, you could play w her on ypur weekends.

KailesMommy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:53 PM

That is a very odd arrangement. I would ask if he can have her Friday after/before daycare through Sunday night and then maybe one night a week he can come see her with you or something? IDK thats a very weird arrangement though.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:12 PM
Spell it out... tell him he can pick her up from daycare and drop her off Monday so he can feel involved and see her teachers regularly. Volunteer to help w transport w the midweek visit. Try to "sweeten the pot" so to speak.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:13 PM

If he doesn't like what you are offerring let him take you to court.  What is it currently?  Is he legally dad?

DDDaysh
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Though I've seen this happen with people, I'd never settle for anything less than at least 2 weekends a month.  Dealing with weekdays is too stressful to me and DS, we NEED to weekends to remember that we love eachother! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)