Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

AM I BEING PETTY?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:36 AM
  • 10 Replies

So, I wanted an opinion. I am planning my daughters 1st birthday party for this Saturday. It is a huge deal and I may have gone a little overboard. LOL. My bd has not asked or bothered to pitch in for anything at all so far. Well last night he asks what we are getting her for her bday. I told him what I planned to purchase today and that I have looked high and low for this scooter and finally found it. He said ok he would just buy it. I asked him if we are both putting our names on it he pauses and goes...i guess. I am pissed off bc I have put so much into this and finding the perfect gift I dont want him taking credit for anything. Am i being petty? Be honest with me ladies!

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tyfry7496
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this
A little but it's understandable. I would have told him I already bought the gift.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladybugmom2010
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:07 AM
Nope not at all. Let him buy his own gift.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:17 AM
Not really petty but its not a huge deal. She wont remember and your fam will know the truth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jurneesmommy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:35 AM

Thanks! I do feel like he should do his own gift after all he has not asked to help with anything thus far.

Jurneesmommy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:36 AM

That's what a friend told me. Let him try and act like he is really doing something. The people that are there will know the truth.

Robsessed98
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:29 PM

Agree.

Quoting tyfry7496:

A little but it's understandable. I would have told him I already bought the gift.

ame4c
by Group Admin on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:37 PM

Quoting faerie75:

Not really petty but its not a huge deal. She wont remember and your fam will know the truth.

I agree and in the future, I would hold my own stuff and if he wants to celebrate her bday he can do it on his time.

ame4c

strongerwtime
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:11 PM

yup they sure will!

Quoting Jurneesmommy:

That's what a friend told me. Let him try and act like he is really doing something. The people that are there will know the truth.

DDDaysh
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:31 PM

It's sort of petty because worrying about who is getting "credit" in other people's eyes is always a bit petty. 

I would have told him strait up that "WE" weren't getting her anything.  I'd tell him I had gotten her a gift and he should get his own. 

Jurneesmommy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:59 PM

It's a little of wanting credit. But mostly that as a single mommy just like all single moms I work really hard to provide for my daughter where he slacks off. I just dont feel like he should get off scott free then show up and get credit for something he barely did.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)