Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know what to do...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:53 AM
  • 14 Replies

I haven't told my mom that I'm moving yet, and I'm absolutely scared to. (Ironic, she just text me as I started this. lol) I don't think she's going to be overly supportive about it, and possibly mad. You would have to know my mom to understand. I told SO if she takes it bad maybe I should just tell her we're pregnant. Maybe that would make it easier. Not that she would take the pregnancy well either. He said no way. One wound at a time. I don't even know how to go about it. I know she's going to come over some point between today and Friday because she'll want to see DS before he goes to his dads house for the weekend. If she comes inside, it's going to be noticeable. My kitchen is getting pretty bare, and I have 10 boxes stacked up in my hallway. How the heck do you tell someone something when you know they most likely won't be supportive about it? I can't just not tell her.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
petite101
by Danielle on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:57 AM

Just tell her. 

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:19 AM
Yea i would just tell her all the news.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AMsMommy212
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:31 AM

I always start by saying.. "i need to tell you something" so then I can't get out of it! Just gotta do it.

And I would just tell her both, 1) it explains this 'urgency' to move in and 2) I think she'll take it worse, knowing you hid it from her, later.

tyfry7496
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:34 AM

Just tell her and let her deal with it. You can only please yourself.

LancesMom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:31 PM

Just tell her and be honest when she asks why!

Robsessed98
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:33 PM

Just tell her.  I'm sure you want her approval, but you're a big girl now and can make decisions for yourself.  I used to hate telling my mom big  news like that but finally realized I had to do what is best for me and my girls, regardless of what she thinks.

MamaFLgurl
by Lucas' mama on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:12 PM

I would tell all the news at once, , so she can deal all at once and get it over, so then you can relax.

angelinanunn
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:26 PM

Personally I choose to 'rip the bandaid off' and just come right out and say "Hey I am moving" when she asks why so suddenly I would tell her about the pregnency. Actually I would probably tell her about the pregnency regardless of if she asks why you are moving or not. That way later when you choose to tell her she doesn't have the "oh thats why you are moving' and that way she doesn't feel like you hid anything from her. It was really hard for me to tell my parents that I was pregnent but I still had to do it. And at first they wouldn't even say congrats, and even asked who the father was (knowing I was coming out of my marriage), and even made a few jokes about it. It hurt but it was something I had to do. And I basicly just blurted it out when I had them both in the same room, since I didn't know how long they would both be in the same room.

Kissybratzmom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:46 PM

I really don't want to tell her all the news at once. 1. I think we should both be with each other when we tell our parents. 2. I don't want to say anything with this whole sac issue and possible cancer and needing another colposcopy done. I'm afraid to even tell anyone in case something should happen, KWIM?

Either way, I'm going to have to tell her tomorrow that we're moving. She called and is coming over tomorrow and wants to see DS and do some shopping. If she sees my kitchen and hallway, she's going to know. I'm hoping maybe she won't come in when she gets here so I can tell her when we get back. At least enjoy the day.

AMsMommy212
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:37 PM

Those are def valid reasons to hold off-- sorry, should have thought of that. When's your next appointment?

Quoting Kissybratzmom:

I really don't want to tell her all the news at once. 1. I think we should both be with each other when we tell our parents. 2. I don't want to say anything with this whole sac issue and possible cancer and needing another colposcopy done. I'm afraid to even tell anyone in case something should happen, KWIM?

Either way, I'm going to have to tell her tomorrow that we're moving. She called and is coming over tomorrow and wants to see DS and do some shopping. If she sees my kitchen and hallway, she's going to know. I'm hoping maybe she won't come in when she gets here so I can tell her when we get back. At least enjoy the day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)