• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what kind of good paying jobs are out there for single moms? I can't think of any I would like.

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:17 PM
  • 12 Replies

I am 32 and i work part time minimum wage. i live in a small town. not alot of opportunity. I need a good paying job thats has good hours. my baby boy is 11 months

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:20 PM
Any job that anyone else would want. You have to think of what you are interested in. Maybe go to school online?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maguilar
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Teller at a bank. Good bens. Okay pay great hrs. Flexible. Incentives best part vacation and hollidays!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ArianasMama2007
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:28 PM
Pharmacy tech jobs are everywhere, some do in house training, if not its less than a year of school
A lot of nursing homes do paid CNA training
I'm a single mom also
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
greeneyesvixon
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:36 PM

Have you ever thought about working from home? I can honestly say I make a great income not to to mention I have more time to spend with my son. That itself is priceless. If interested the company I work for has many positions available. Give me a reply if interested or if you just want more info.

ms.sophsmom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:40 PM
I work dispatch and make great money, full time hrs, benes....10 hr shifts but more time off
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AMsMommy212
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:41 PM

I do office work for a small company-- I make 36k a year (started at 24k 4 years ago). I do not have anything more than a high School diploma. I work 8a-4p (but stay late a lot)It's pretty flexible with my needing to attend to my son's Dr. appointments and such, but that's partially because my SDad owns it. He's very strict about attendance though-- I can go to appointments, but I can't miss a day unless it's a pre approved vacation day, or DS or I are on our death beds! It's high stress a lot of the time-- boring other times. I hate it, but it pays well, and gives me the time I need to still be a Mom.

My Ex's GF does office work for a Dr. Office-- it's also super flexible, I dont know what she makes, but I do believe she had to go to school for the position.

MaverickMama
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:42 PM
Im intrested to learn more

Quoting greeneyesvixon:

Have you ever thought about working from home? I can honestly say I make a great income not to to mention I have more time to spend with my son. That itself is priceless. If interested the company I work for has many positions available. Give me a reply if interested or if you just want more info.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ArianasMama2007
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:43 PM
What kind of work do you do? Do you make enough to pay rent, bills, ect. By your self?

Quoting greeneyesvixon:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
owl0210
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:03 PM

I'm a paralegal and the pay is pretty good and my ex-husband pays child support. I just wish I didn't have such a high daycare bill.  

KRIZZ25
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:12 PM

Quoting ArianasMama2007:

What kind of work do you do? Do you make enough to pay rent, bills, ect. By your self?

Quoting greeneyesvixon:

be careful..lot are scams ...i have been looking for 5 years for a "real work from home job"..all are bs..as for good jobs.good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)