Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sometimes i feel like im the only one that has my back

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:58 PM
  • 4 Replies

does anone feel like there's no one in their life to help, or support them? even my parents only have problems and hurdles for me. i dont get child support and my daughter it 100% in my care, and i support her finacially completely, yet everyone acts like they have been doing i themselves ad i do nothing. i'm baffled. i have been busting my ass trying to get into school and pay for it, get my car in order. i just feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders and i never complain, i had a baby and i take care of her. i dont ever make her anyone elses problem, nnot even her dads. im just so strssed out and have no help at all. not even support. i dont need moey you know. i realize im a 22 yr old adult with a child and this is my problem. i dont kow. just no one listens to me, they just wait for me to finish talking, i get no input, no advice. everyone is just leving me high and dry. i feel very alone, but at least it motivates me to finish school and create a life on my terms, so i only have to worry about my daughter and i. and so i can create a life that never allows her to feel how i fel now

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
trevorsmommy125
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I can definitely empathize with your issues. I also am a single mother with no family within a 1000 mile radius. The birth father is not involved and actually wiped out my bank account before he took off. I am older than you, almost 40, and have a decent job and can provide stabily. However, it is not easy, no matter what your age, to be a single parent. My son is only 2 months old and this parenthood thing is all new to me. I am so incredibly exhausted, but at the same time loving every minute with him. I can relate to what you said about taking responsibility. I have some wonderful friends in the area, but never ask for help becuase I feel like my son is MY responsibility and no one elses.

Don't give up on school. I am going on with my education as well. Many people have asked me how am I going to handle single parenthood, working fulltime and school. When there is a will, there is a way. And if I can teach my son one thing, it is to never give up. Even if a situation is difficult, hard work and determination will always prevail.

I'm sorry you feel so alone. I assure you, even though it is just in a post, I hear  you and am listening.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:32 PM

hugs

It's hard when you feel like you have not emotional support.  Hang in there.

Quoting emilyvb:

does anone feel like there's no one in their life to help, or support them? even my parents only have problems and hurdles for me. i dont get child support and my daughter it 100% in my care, and i support her finacially completely, yet everyone acts like they have been doing i themselves ad i do nothing. i'm baffled. i have been busting my ass trying to get into school and pay for it, get my car in order. i just feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders and i never complain, i had a baby and i take care of her. i dont ever make her anyone elses problem, nnot even her dads. im just so strssed out and have no help at all. not even support. i dont need moey you know. i realize im a 22 yr old adult with a child and this is my problem. i dont kow. just no one listens to me, they just wait for me to finish talking, i get no input, no advice. everyone is just leving me high and dry. i feel very alone, but at least it motivates me to finish school and create a life on my terms, so i only have to worry about my daughter and i. and so i can create a life that never allows her to feel how i fel now

deltathree
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:03 PM

I hear ya - u r not alone.  Many hugs.....

emilyvb
by on Nov. 12, 2011 at 3:36 PM

thank you all. it's so tremendously helpful to just simply be listened to. much love<3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)