• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NEED DOG ADVICE...!!!!!!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:21 PM
  • 9 Replies

NEED DOG ADVICE...my puppy bits and tries to fight my boxer (she is 60 lbs .pup is 7 lbs )i,m so afraid my older dog will hurt her or the pup will hurt the older dog ...how can i help them get along .oh bw the way at feeding time thy get along .(pup is just getting over a injury ..not by older dog )

pup"ellie".

my baby girl"kota"..

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Are they actually fighting or just playing.  Not many puppies will actually fight, but they will play rather roughly.  Normally the big/older dog will put up with it and put the puppy in its place when need be.

HP3HP3
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:02 PM

IT IS NORMAL FOR THEM TO DO THAT- THE OLDER DOG IS STATING SHE IS THE BOSS AND THE PUPPY WILL LEARN NOT TO HARASS HER

harlie0312
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:13 PM

the biting is most likely just them tryin to play it just looks like they are being mean to us lol. i had the same problem with my pit and chihuahua and thought they were going to hurt each other but they get along great. everyone keeps asking me why i dont seperate them because they get loud and rambuncious and people think they are going to hurt each other but they still havent yet.

KRIZZ25
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:45 PM

i,m so afraid my bigger dog will hurt her by accident ..my small dog will bite the bigger one and hold on ..she will hang on by her neck..i thank if "ellie"was bigger i would feel better about it.

jinxmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:23 PM

Ellie is bold and has nerve lol Some dogs would shake violently just looking at kota lol She's huge

aj23
by Amanda on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:26 PM
Maybe the puppy just has too much energy. Try taking her for extra walks or get them both a new toy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRIZZ25
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Quoting jinxmom:

Ellie is bold and has nerve lol Some dogs would shake violently just looking at kota lol She's huge

yea she does..she will go over to the nabors fence were 2 big black labs are and be like"u wont a piece of me"..lol

unspecified42
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I would be more concerned about food aggression than playful nips, honestly. Most dogs are able to put puppies in their place appropriately, but often time the food bowl is where things can get dicey. My sister had a pup who coexisted peacefully with it's much larger friend until dinner time, when he was snapped at and killed by the other dog who was possessive of its own food and toys. If they are getting along at feeding time, then they are getting along. Kota may appreciate some breaks from puppy-love, but if she's sharing food nicely then that speaks volumes.

Also, Kota is a very beautiful dog, but is not a boxer. She's a pitbull, at least mostly. That wide face and mouth scream it. Boxers have a much different facial and body structure. People will intentionally mislabel pits as other breeds like 'boxer' or 'lab mix' so that they are more adoptable.

KRIZZ25
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 6:39 AM

Quoting unspecified42:

I would be more concerned about food aggression than playful nips, honestly. Most dogs are able to put puppies in their place appropriately, but often time the food bowl is where things can get dicey. My sister had a pup who coexisted peacefully with it's much larger friend until dinner time, when he was snapped at and killed by the other dog who was possessive of its own food and toys. If they are getting along at feeding time, then they are getting along. Kota may appreciate some breaks from puppy-love, but if she's sharing food nicely then that speaks volumes.

Also, Kota is a very beautiful dog, but is not a boxer. She's a pitbull, at least mostly. That wide face and mouth scream it. Boxers have a much different facial and body structure. People will intentionally mislabel pits as other breeds like 'boxer' or 'lab mix' so that they are more adoptable.

yea she is a good dog .. kota just wont's to play ..she is a boxer mix ..the vet say ed so ..she is overweight..wen she was younger u could see the boxer better.ellie is boxer and something else.maybe pit not sure .she is still young so she will change .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)