Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wonder if this email is a scam....

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:28 PM
  • 10 Replies

Its for a dental office position i applied for, but doesnt the wording of this email seem strange....and i realized the dental office isnt even open on Fridays.

Finding great people is a challenge for us just like finding the best opportunity with the brightest future is a challenge for you.

On Friday, November 11, 2011 at 12 noon, we would like you to come to our office for an interview if you are interested in the available position.

Our owner and Doctor, will meet with you at 12 noon and then you will interview with one of our team members.  Plan to arrive by 12:00 sharp and you will be out of the door no later than 1:00pm.

We know that finding just the right fit is a challenge and we have set up a process that you will not only enjoy but will allow you and we to determine if we would be a good fit for each other.

If you would like to participate in the interview please RSVP by sending an email to patientappt@gmail.com.  Be sure to include in the subject line the position you’re applying for.

We look forward to seeing you there.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emilysmom8
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:30 PM
The wording does sound a little weird. Did you apply for a job there? Is there a way you can call them personally and ask them about it
Rockabye
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmmm I dunno it kinda seems like a scam to me. I would call and ask the dental office about it.

single_and_preg
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Quoting emilysmom8:

The wording does sound a little weird. Did you apply for a job there? Is there a way you can call them personally and ask them about it

Yes i applied on craigslist over a month ago.

The email addy it came from  was a dentist's name @comcast.net  i googled and found a dentist office with that as the contact info....and i sent them an email on the dental website to ask if it was a real email....Just a few mintues ago.

emilysmom8
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:45 PM

I dont know if I would trust it if you do not get a reply from them, too many scams happen on craigslist...

Quoting single_and_preg:

Quoting emilysmom8:

Yes i applied on craigslist over a month ago.

The email addy it came from  was a dentist's name @comcast.net  i googled and found a dentist office with that as the contact info....and i sent them an email on the dental website to ask if it was a real email....Just a few mintues ago.

Life's not the breath you take, but the moments that take your breath away

single_and_preg
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:00 PM

Yeahim going to wait till i hear back from the actual dentist office, because it could be a scam, and i pull up there at noon on Fri and someone could be waiting in the parking lot to kill me or something, since the office isnt even open on Fridays,

court.0125
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:03 PM
I would wait for the response... Or maybe go ahead and call tomorrow morning!

But I do know some offices hold open interviews on such at the offices the day(s) they are closes... So idk! Best of luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:04 PM
Well, there are scams online. I would reply and see what happens. Alot of dental offices are closed Monday or friday, my sisters is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gregory2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:32 PM

That seems odd, only for them to ask for an interview through email. In my state, people still call to confirm interviews and times. I would call the office and ask. This way they know something is being used with their name if anything.

MsAntoine
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:34 PM

Dont trust craigslist..........try career builder or indeed.com

ss453921
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:35 PM
I think it seems lime a email they just filled in time and date. Maybe they have another office and the dra interviewing in a lunch break or something. What seems weird or scamish
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)