Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Long Vent:(..Thx in advance for listening...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:42 PM
  • 7 Replies

Good Afternoon, Ladies!

So before I start my vent…let me first say:

1. I LOVE my job: great job security + a semi-decent pay.
  2. I LOVE the people I work with. (I believe we spend TOO much time together though lol).

Here goes…I am just getting so frustrated…do you ever feel like you’re surrounded by stupid sometimes? Lol..Like I mean come on, common sense! Or like my co-worker just said "it may be more than a 3 beer night!". Ha.

I work in a Cardiologist office which stays rather busy at times. There are six of us receptionists. Myself and another receptionist "S" are on one side..there is a wall dividing us. We check the patients out (schedule follow up, tests, etc.); "T", "M", and "P" check patients in (insurance, arrival, etc.), then "E" is on the other side checking patients out as well. Mine and S’s side are the busiest by far. The office has 9 cardiologists and 5 nurse practitioners. Out of those, 6 doctors and 3 nurse practitioners check out on our side.

Gripe 1) S has a tendency to leave her desk A LOT. And I am not talking a 5 minute pee break..I mean a 45 min-1 hour long I don’t know where the hell she went break. There is no point in ever saying anything about this because her and the boss are pretty close..and honestly most days it does not bother me. But here lately in the last couple of weeks, I get slammed…all 9 of the dr’s and np’s come out at the same time. And they are lined up in front of my desk. Half the time I have to call one of the front receptionists to help me so that patients and dr’s are not just sitting there staring at me.

Gripe 2) Precerts. Well, everytime we schedule a test (sonogram, stress test, etc), you are supposed to do a precert in the patients charts in the computer and submit it to our patients accounts reps. And apparently I am the only one who does this. Because they have been getting out of hand with them not getting done, so my boss approached me and asked me to start doing them for patients coming in the day before appointments on top of all of the studies I already send one in for. So now our lab emails me a list of the precerts they need for the next day. I do them, no biggie. But I am so tired of feeling like I am doing more than everyone else. I am constantly being given extra stuff to do. I take it because I feel like it looks good but at the end of the day, I am one damn person not 12 lol.

Gripe 3) This one goes along with surround by stupid. Lol. "P" is fairly new. She started the end of July..she took my good friends position because she had to move :( . Well, she is constantly screwing stuff up. Our job is not hard..it can be tedious and time consuming but is not difficult. And I mean I really have been patient and I do understand that sometimes people just don't get it. Sometimes it's like she does this stuff on purpose and tries stirring stuff up on purpose. But she added on some labs for another office under our dr’s name (which she does NOT have the authority to do), and they didn’t end up doing these labs so this other office is calling us pitching a fit. Then, today I was checking a patient out and he does not have insurance and I had to schedule him for a stress test. Well, this test is around $6,000 out of pocket. So I have to send them to patient accounts to go over payment arrangements. I did so….and sure enough "P" sent them away. I was like are you kidding me?? Come on! And it’s little things here and there that P and T both do that are soooo common sense.

Ugh okay I am done for now! Sorry but thank you..feels better..a lot better! I am just getting overwhelmed and need a vacation..I had one 3 years ago…lol…..I usually keep to myself and am in la la land so I think I am going back there now.

Thank You for listening:).

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
donnab66
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Your a better woman than I am!  I have worked for 2 different Drs offices & absolutely hated it!  Quit them both in under 2 months.  I am on the other side, the insurance side.  I start a new job on monday after being a STAHM for almost 6yrs.  I am not looking forward to sitting in a cubicle again.   

raegan1221
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:04 PM

Quoting donnab66:

Your a better woman than I am!  I have worked for 2 different Drs offices & absolutely hated it!  Quit them both in under 2 months.  I am on the other side, the insurance side.  I start a new job on monday after being a STAHM for almost 6yrs.  I am not looking forward to sitting in a cubicle again.   

Wow!!  Good luck! :). I hate even asking for money so I totally have respect for you in that area...precerts is as far as I enjoy when it comes to insurance, lol.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:28 PM
I would talk to S directly about that and if it didn't @hange, id go to the boss anyways.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:29 PM
I would talk to S directly about that and if it didn't @hange, id go to the boss anyways.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raegan1221
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Quoting faerie75:

Well I would actually like to do that but the only thing that sucks about this is that I am basically the baby lol..the youngest one. I am almost 28...and S is about my moms age...mid 50's...and has been here 25+ years, and I am concerned that I'll be the one who gets a lot of flack on it and I can't afford to quit or anything. I would like to guts it up and talk to S about it sometime..I am such a damn pansy... and push over lol. If only beer was aloud on work premises..haha

cdjd23
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:54 PM

When you're given additional work think of it more as them knowing you will get it done correctly and efficiently the first time instead of giving it to someone else and it not getting done correctly or at all.

raegan1221
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:05 PM
Thank you. Yes, I do appreciate the confidence they seem to have in me. It sometimes gets overwhelming and frustrating.

Quoting cdjd23:

When you're given additional work think of it more as them knowing you will get it done correctly and efficiently the first time instead of giving it to someone else and it not getting done correctly or at all.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)