• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let's Get Touchy:Democrat,Republican? Why or Why Not?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:18 PM
  • 5 Replies

In another year, 

we will have a right to our opinion whatever that maybe to vote for what we "think" is the right person to step up or step down and run this country..I was watching the republican debate tonight, and on the bottom of the news channel I was watching it on I saw a little tweet from someone whom said,"If the amount of Americans whom tune into X Factor,watched the debate America could be okay"...
It  startled me because how much time do we delve into reality tv shows whatever that may be! BUT when it comes to the day of voting, we alot of the time don't care or are reluctant because we don't see a fast change in the things we want to see happen for ex. health care,taxes,government involvement,civil rights,taxes,the deficit...And so much,much more!
Alot of us don't have a job right now,keeping our heads above water financially "barely" making it!
This is not how America should be,and we thought there was a huge divide in race and religion? Oh my goodness the line has become a crack in the floor seperating every individual OF any race,religion! It's so much more,and it's truly sad that some don't want to be involved? But that is the beauty of America: We have the right to be involved OR not be!

I think If more Americans were involved on voting day? Looked into their candidate of interests plans of action etc. we'd be so much more better off! I am a liberal,and I believe Obama is doing the best he can--
"My" opinion derives from what the right cannot stand and that is: Right to service ANYTHING the government has to offer an individual,government involvement,bringing back major corp and factory jobs BACK to the US, no more job cuts,and my main? Taxing the 1% who doesn't make their contributions...

What are your beliefs? Are you a republican or democrat ?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LovinLiv
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:26 PM
I don't claim a political party. I look at each person running for office and what they have to offer and what their history is. I tend to sway republican but I have voted democrat and I have also voted independent. And personally I'd rather there be few voters than a whole bunch of voters who are voting knowing nothing about who they are voting for and vote blindly for the candidate from their political party they identify with. Remember, George Washington warned the country against creating political parties and look at us now lol but honestly I don't think its as big of a deal as a lot of people make it (hides from attacks) people can do what they want and if they don't want to spend a lot of time thinking about politics then more power to them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mia1983
by Mia on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:48 PM

I think most of the politicians talk a good game but really care only for the interests of their connected "friends".  The Dem/Rep thing just seems like an elaborate good cop, bad cop scheme.  If there was a candidate who really represented my liberal interests, then I would be excited.

elizabeth.mary
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:49 PM

I'm Republican.

tyfry7496
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:16 PM

I used to vote for whomever I thought was the best candidate no matter what party. Now, I am a proud DEMOCRAT. With the crap that Scott Walker and his "friends" pulled in Wisconsin, I will NEVER vote for a Republican again. EVER. I am all for the Recall Walker campaign that is starting next week. 

wigglesmomma22
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Fuck em both, I'm an independant.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)