Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You have no right to tell my kids what to do!!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:33 PM
  • 4 Replies

so i have been with this guy for awhile he met my dd1 maybe 5 times (dd2, 3 mos, is always here) and tonight he decided he was going to try and tell her what to do...like really?!?! She is not your daughter you have no place to tell her what to do!! And there is so much more...everytime i see him hes becoming more and more controlling and I need to figure out how to break up with him gently. Hes very sensative and it doesnt help that a good friend of mine hooked us up. and he thinks he needs to buy me things or fill my tank to make me stay like really? IM NOT A GOLD DIGGER!!! How can i gently break up with him? i can no longer stand him reading over my shoulder when i talk to my guy friends getting mad when i wannna stay in and drink with a good male friend of mine and telling me what to do oh and interupting me when im talking!! UGH!! HELP!!!!!!!

so i broke up with him over the phone because i didnt want to wait until friday. he tried to talk me out of it and then finally got the hint. and then he texted me i will stop by tomorrow to get my stuff. i was like ok ill get it together tonight for you. and now on his fb hes all this really sucks and i wish this wasnt happening right now and blah blah blah...like really get over it!!! oh and he told me "I knew this was coming, this is what ALWAYS happens."

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
HadnKmom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this

by the way when he tried to tell my daughter what to do i did put him in his place!!

mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:25 PM
just tell him its not gonna work between ya'll 2 and that you guys just need to be friends
LifeCafe42
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:26 PM
I agree he will get over it.

Quoting mmtosam06:

just tell him its not gonna work between ya'll 2 and that you guys just need to be friends
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tinamarie1988
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:29 PM

Good that you decided to end it...don't want to get closer and closer to someone that controlling, it will only get worse.  Since you sound like you've been seeing each other for at least a little while, you'll probably need to be blunt and just tell him it's not working out.  Sometimes I pretend I'm too overwhelmed with school or work and need a "break" and then just stop taking calls.  Since he's a friend of a friend, you should probably just tell him you'd like to stay friends but the romantic thing isn't working.  Good luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)