• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP needed asap!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:00 PM
  • 23 Replies

well, I met this guy online. he is from the same area that I am from, only I am currently still living up at school which is 2 hours away from my hometown. We JUST started talking today. He seems extremely nice and genuine, but I am now at a loss for what to do. He wants to come up here... 2 hours away.. to meet for coffee and to meet each other, this weekend. Like Friday. In two days. 

I laughed and asked him if he was serious about driving two hours all the way up here, meet over coffee, and then drive two hours home. He responded saying, yeah why not.. I don't have my kids this weekend and I have nothing else important to do. And, if I don't feel like driving home I'll get a hotel for the night... they always have great new movies out on their ppv.

..... I am new to online dating and everything. But is that kind of moving like really fast? I mean I want to meet him ya know and actually have a face to face conversation. But, for him to be driving ALL the way up here just for coffee? Should I find that weird? Or should I find it cute that he is willing to do that? I mean I am going home for Thanksgiving which is less than two weeks away (I'll be home a week from Monday)

Please help ladies! I am new to this online dating and really dating in general LOL. I am 17 weeks pregnant, which he clearly knows and is supportive of, he has three kids of his own.

so- go for it and have him come up or pass for this weekend? ahhhh! 

thanks in advanced ;) 

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
court.0125
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:01 PM

I should also add... I wasn't even really on this site looking for anyone really. I just joined because I knew friends who had lol. If something happens awesome! But I am really focussing on my baby and myself right now! 

serenityspeaks
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:02 PM

I have no advice as I am not starting to date yet but be careful....How long have you guys been talking? Do you talk on phone or online?

elizabeth.mary
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:03 PM

How else are you supposed to meet him if he doesn't go see you?

It's not like you have to sleep with him, just coffee. I'd give it a go. Why not?
Good luck.

librarywizard
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:04 PM
Be careful. Just keep it to coffee, DO NOT let him guilt you into sleeping with him just because he is driving 2 hours to see you. It does seem fast to meeting in person though.
court.0125
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:05 PM

well we emailed back and forth a few times on the site and then today traded phone numbers.. we have been texting but ive talked to him once already on the phone. 

and yah... that's the other thing. I watch too many Lifetime movies LOL... I get nervous and scared over things like this! I feel like I kind of really don't want to this weekend. But I don't know if thats just me being me who is a nervous wreck when it comes to meeting and hanging out with new guys lol

Quoting serenityspeaks:

I have no advice as I am not starting to date yet but be careful....How long have you guys been talking? Do you talk on phone or online?

court.0125
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:06 PM

see, you are sounding just like 1/2 my brain which is saying Go For It! You won't meet anyone unless you go for it sometimes! but the other 1/2 is freaked out lol 

so you say just coffee is okay, not moving too fast? even with him driving the two hours up here and home? 

Quoting elizabeth.mary:

How else are you supposed to meet him if he doesn't go see you?

It's not like you have to sleep with him, just coffee. I'd give it a go. Why not?
Good luck.

serenityspeaks
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Ok if it was me I would wait and meet him when you are there. You barely started talking and thats what I would do...others are saying go for ot but thats what I would do if it were me. Its not that much longer and I would be wondering his rush to meet and do a 4hr round trip drive....seems odd but I always think there is a motive! LOL Go with your heart and be careful!

court.0125
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:18 PM

thanks for the advice! 

and no, it doesn't seem odd becasue I always feel like there is a motive as well. Maybe I am not ready to date yet LOL  

Quoting serenityspeaks:

Ok if it was me I would wait and meet him when you are there. You barely started talking and thats what I would do...others are saying go for ot but thats what I would do if it were me. Its not that much longer and I would be wondering his rush to meet and do a 4hr round trip drive....seems odd but I always think there is a motive! LOL Go with your heart and be careful!

Kissybratzmom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:28 PM

I say go with your gut instict. There are some men I talked to online for a while and never felt comfortable meeting, others I felt comfortable with a lot sooner. SO and I had only been talking for maybe a week on the dating site and talked once on the phone. I was supposed to have a date with another guy the next day and he bailed. I asked my now SO to meet up last minute, and we've been together ever since. Now we're moving in together in 3 weeks and expecting a baby in June.

LifeCafe42
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:32 PM
I'm torn because I'm always skeptical. If he wants to drive why not coffee but keep it at that. Please be careful
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)