• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

unemployment? piog

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:02 PM
  • 7 Replies
I have a question bout unemployment. I have a job right now but bc I haven't been here a year and bc we don't even have a boss right now(long stupid story) there's no garentee ill get hired back on. does anyone if bc I have to quit due to giving birth if ill be able to get unemployment?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
tyfry7496
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Probably not because you have to be able to work fulltime hours. I know that unemployment laws in Wisconsin have changed and become stricter as have Illinois. Having worked for Wisconsin Unemployment, I really don't think you'd be eligible. The only way to find out is to call or apply and see what happens.

Normally, if you quit you will NOT get unemployment. You can be fired for almost any reason and get unemployment.

wigglesmomma22
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:29 PM

It depends what state your in.  It also depends on how many hours you have worked and how long you have been employed, even prior to that company.  They go off of the last six quarters and how much you made.  You can get unemployment, based on the previous statements, if you file under hostile work conditions.  Atleast in my state you can. 

LifeCafe42
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:55 PM
Probably not but you should get disability
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelinanunn
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:24 AM
It depends on a few different things. I would at least apply and see what happens. Here I was employed with a company part time for about 5 months and had to quit due to an injury and I was still put on unemployment. Just depends really.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snglmaof2
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 2:22 AM
Deponding on ur boss and the statements. U all make from working the last six months usually or msu not get it. It all delineated on the unemployment office. I just went through all this. I lost my job after two years and the place I worked for didn't want to give it me but if its not a misconduct u could get it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momsboys2
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 2:59 AM

It would depend on what state you live in. If it was me, I would call and find out.....good luck

ranawen
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 3:08 AM

I know my state requires you to file for TDI (Temporary Disability Insurance) not unemployment when you go out to have a child.  Its because we are required to be available to actively search and be available for work during the weeks you are filing for on  unemployment.  If women in my state are on unemployment before giving birth they must switch to TDI or you have to pay back everything you collected  because they charge you with defrauding the government.    I would look into it though for your state.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)