Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I WrONG ? long story .. Maybe it belongs on Maury

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:55 PM
  • 23 Replies

Please notice dates and there are no inbetween messages missing . I dont have a phone at my house only my grandpa next door .I got rid of my cell decided to cut back its only been a week. ( lets see how long I last ). But tonight i went ahead added 10 bucks for Lucy be able to call her dad from the internet. His wife answers says "Lucy your dad is sleeping call back tommorrow"

He hadnt called her since July 17th.( I keep a phone log ) She has called him at least 9 times and never returned her phone call. On Oct 3 he called her which started her askin for him again she called 4 times last month and never got a return call. What are these people thinking? We are in CA them in RI so we are totally outta each others lives. I haven't spoke to him since March of 2010. His wife sent me this lovely note

THEM
To: ME
Subject: Lucy
Sent: Thu, Apr 7, 2011 3:05:39 AM

Brandy-
We need to come to some sort of agreement on communication with Lucy. A set time that ended up in hostile phone calls didn't work. We lead busy lives too and cannot commit to a specific moment on any specific day. Just like you couldn't help if Lucy fell asleep or only screamed and cried on the phone and didn't want to talk. Let us know which days are best for you and during what time frames. That way if we are at baseball/softball or if Lucy is sleeping, then there is an alternate date and time for all of us.
I don't want anymore emails or phone calls from Brooke stating that you two are communicating about my parenting or that will only result in a larger wedge between me and Lucy. You need to think about how your every action can effect our childrens future and perhaps make better decisions about what you really want to say and to who. Our pasts are our pasts, and that is where it is to be left. I don't want phone calls or emails from Glenda, or anyone else for that matter.
I appreciate the photos of Lucy, and would like to continue receiving them. Photos, and communication between you and I are to be via email, and email only. When my phone rings I want it to be Lucy on the other end. I stopped answering my phone the moment it was you on the other end. I do not have anything to say to you. Lucy needs to have a relationship with her father and her siblings, and this is the only way that it is going to work.
The kids have all shown a general interest in Lucy, and Melissa has encouraged me to have a close relationship with her but I don't want to deal with your drama.
I want to know what Lucy needs on a continual basis and would like to know when you go get pictures of her taken so that I can order some too. I think that once a month you can send an email with photos, updates on her growth, her likes/dislikes, and her life in general. She has a large family here that would very much like her to be a part of it. Please accept it how it is and work with me and making sure that she is part of it.
Except for on the weekends, later evenings would work best for us for video. The house phone is the best for reception so please don't use the cell number anymore, and have her call me here. 401. As long as we know that it will be Lucy on the other end the phone would probably be answered every night. Our address is , Wakefield, RI 02879. We would love to have some artwork and photos from her. I would also like a few baby things to put up of hers if possible.
Let me know what times are best for Lucy and we will work something out.
-him
-- On Fri, 4/8/11, Brandy Melson <melsonbrandy@yahoo.com>wrote:

Subject: Re: Lucy
To: THEM
Date: Friday, April 8, 2011, 12:31 AM

im up to whatever works. past is past thats good by me. I realized a while ago I needed to get.over it. I dont have internet other than on my phone but i think.lisa would let me use hers. So for now I couldnt set up a regular time but im totally willing too . Does it sound ok for now to have her call when she wants till you all get reaquanted? And then get on more of a schedule? Photos and such no problem .im very happy for lucy that she will get to know you more.

Btw lol brooke has got u again. I.dont talk. Message her. Except.for.one simple sweet message sent about a year ago that said " you were.right" there has been.no.interaction. and even.after I sent.that I realized that was dumb.

Ne ways I dont think.your a bad person or father . I think we started this bi costal parenting on the wrong foot .

Think. This is very awesome for lucy.

ME

TO ME

FROM THEM

April 8th,2011
That's fine. Evenings work best for us after the 3 younger ones go to bed so that it isn't so loud and I can have more patience with talking to Lucy. As long as I know it will be Lucy on the other end, someone will always answer the house phone. As long as we all stay adults about everything and leave other people outside of both of our homes out of it, then it will all work out. I know that Gabrielle is a kid and will probably be seen sometimes by our kids on the video camera and that is just how life is. Lucy had 2 families.
What are you doing for her birthday? Are you getting photos taken? What does she need? What size is she going into? Does she still have that little guitar?
I think phone calls are fine until you get the internet back on so that she can be at home when we all do our thing. How much is internet?

HERES TODAY SUBJECT BELOW

ME
To: HIM
Sent: Sunday, July 17, 2011 12:40 PM
Subject: Cam

Only have internet for a few more weeks. She would really like to see you. Let me know when we can set it up.

HIM
Sent: Tuesday, August 2, 2011 6:55 AM
Subject: Re: Cam

im tired of seeing your name in my inbox. stop emailing me, period. i want nothing to do with anybody except lucy. she can feel free to call whenever. i may call occasionally and if she answers ill stay on the line. if this doesnt sit well with you and feel it neccesary to break all contact between me and her then so be it. ill look her up when shes 18

----Forwarded Message----

Sat Nov 5th, 2011 12:25 PM EDT (ALSO SENT THE SAME MESSAGE TO ME TODAY I JUST SAW BOTH OF THEM)
Lucy

Have Lucy call please.

TO HIM,

I ask that you do the same .I respected your not wanting me to not email you. Any thing you need to ask or say to me please mail in a letter through USP. Also I don't have long distance or caller id so the number you can call is 310 if the machine comes on just say your callin for Lucy. She is outta of school after 2:30 and if we are home on the weekends.

FROM ME

Was i wrong to ask the same of what he asked me . 

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fuzzybum
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

i just needed to vent . Look I dont call message or bug  there is no C/S. Why does it always seem like they're also tryn to make me out to be some bad guy . He left me for her when our daughter was 1 . Was i pissed hell ya but got over thats the card I was delt then so be it. She has pictures up of her dad I always spaek about him in positive light . ( Even if I do think he is a lame sometimes) She is livin her life if he wants to be in it awesome and if not then oh well but dont freakin pop in and out whenever you want. Or tell her call me and not return he call wtf . Thanks ladies

Tinamarie1988
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Oh wow!  Sorry to hear about all that nonsense with the other side..I think telling them to send USP makes sense.  They seem to be trying to order you around, and that's not fair to you.  It sounds callous that he said he'd look Lucy up when she's 18, if it comes to that...doesn't sound like he sincerely wants to be involved in his daughter's life.  Don't know what to say, other than I think your response was DEFINITELY appropriate.  Good luck with things.

Tinamarie1988
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:08 PM

Extra sorry to hear he left you when she was 1...that was probably really tough.  I'm 2 and a half months pregnant and was ditched, so I could definitely relate. 

letbeautyunfold
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this
It sounds like he's trying to live in a fantasy world. I don't think he's being fair at all. He can't just be a parent when it's convenient for him. I feel for you and your daughter. Maybe filing for child support wouldn't be a bad idea
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carterscutie85
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:19 PM
2 moms liked this

No way in HELL would I ever send someone else MY child's baby things. Ever. I don't care if you are the dad or stepmom, baby things (like hospital bracelet, etc) belong with Mom unless she's a deadbeat or abuser.

His wife sounds like a whacko who is threatened by you, she needs to grow the fuck up, you are not going to steal her man just by talking to him LMAO.

He needs to stop being up his wife's asshole and think about what is best for his child.

fuzzybum
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Tinamarie1988:

Extra sorry to hear he left you when she was 1...that was probably really tough.  I'm 2 and a half months pregnant and was ditched, so I could definitely relate. 

Just went through my last by myself . It'll make you a stronger person I really believe if you can be prego alone you can do anything :) Congrats

maguilar
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this
What,the heck . He is asking you all this stuff then says im tired of your name in my inbox.How can he be okay with calling her till shes 18. Does he think she be fine with that? But good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cherryxcupcake
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:24 PM
Hes is being ufair. Either.hr b her dad all the time or nothing at all. For rral, if hes only gonna parent when its convient for him, I dont think he should get the privledge to at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nevaehsmom715
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:25 PM
Im so sorry....kinda going thru the samething now...but he is on child support,and has told me times and times b4 that he didnt want anything to do with her til she was way older or even if that,but he has another baby that will be here in dec(keep in mind my daughter is only 4 mths) but he tld me i could either drop the c/s case and he will have a relationship w/her or her can be just a check and he wont have nothing to do w/her....so i totally understand...you was not wrng in anyway you are looking out for your daughter and thats the most important thing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Those messages read different authors I think his wife wrote most of them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)