Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Found a lump...a biopsy, should I say something to him? *update*

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:35 PM
  • 15 Replies
I'm schedule for a biopsy on Monday. Am I obligated to say something to my son's dad or should I just wait and see what the results are? My family has a strong history of cancer.
I'm afraid dad would jump at the chance of trying to get full custody of our son and would use this info against me. Wondering what to do.

**** Doctor called and said it's benign. Yeah! Need to comeback in six months for an ultrasound.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LifeCafe42
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:53 PM
Good luck you will be in my thoughts. You have no obligation to tell him I wouldn't say anything until you get results. Please keep us updated
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pchltl11
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 6:20 AM
Sorry to hear that. Prayers for you! I don't think you're under any obligation to tell your sons dad. Regardless of the biopsy results, all he needs to know is you are in health limbo. He doesn't need specifics.
Wishing you all the best!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tinamarie1988
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 6:51 AM

You definitely don't have to tell him!  Even if, God forbid, the results are cancer, I still don't see any reason you'd need to tell him anytime soon.  Take care of yourself, and I'll pray everything turns out good!

NovaChick26
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 8:58 AM

no you dont have to tell him that your going for a biopsy thats none of his business . I wouldnt tell him unless it came back cancerous and then you have to figure out what to do with your son , if its treatable or not .Best of luck to you I hope your okay and everything works out

MeeshMom
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 9:02 AM
Don't tell him. My sons dad doesn't know I'm dealing with a blood/bone marrow disease. I had some dangerous and potential bad news situations with the illness. But he doesn't need to know and have fuel against me by my illness.

I've also had two lumpectomy surgeries on both breasts. Mine were benign but yours also could be or it could be early enough they catch it. Don't worry yourself. I know how it feels to wait and find out if you have cancer. I was told I might have a preleukemia at one time. It's stressful enough. I'd say come talk to us here and to your close friends and fam. No ex. I'll keep you in prayer!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jackieb2811
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 9:02 AM

You having possible cancer is NO reason for the courts to take your child away from you. I think wait until the results are in first this way you know for sure what to do. Good luck hoping for a clean bill of health for you.

Mommyto2LilMen
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 10:09 AM

if it doesn't concern your son, then no, you have no obligation.  good luck to you hun. 

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 1:43 PM

Personally, I'd wait and see what the results are.

gregory2
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 2:20 PM

I, like others, would wait on the results. Its really none of his business right now what goes on in your life. If it dealt with you son, it would be a different issue-

aydensmommy0406
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 3:15 PM

I personally would wait to tell him. It is a possiblity for a mother to lose her children for having cancer it happened to htis lady in this story.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/BreastCancerCenter/north-carolina-mom-breast-cancer-loses-custody/story?id=13546870

Quoting jackieb2811:

You having possible cancer is NO reason for the courts to take your child away from you. I think wait until the results are in first this way you know for sure what to do. Good luck hoping for a clean bill of health for you.

*You can bomb the world into pieces but you cannot bomb the world into peace.
*Remember...Just going to church doesn't make you a
Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a car.
*And a church is NOT a museum of saints
but a hospital for sinners
Every saint has a PAST...
Every sinner has a FUTURE!
*Without sorrow there would be no compassion.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)