Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im not popular on here but looking for some advice....

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 3:06 AM
  • 44 Replies
So my baby dad and me haven't been together since I was four months pregnant. I learned a lot after we broke up, like he has a dwi and he has a charge of giving minors beer. He's an acholic and heavy smoker, never been around a child at all. Both times I have taken him to see his dad, the dad has tried to get me back, smells like smoke, and has liquor on his breathe. Is it wrong of me to want supervised visits?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 3:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gabrielat
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 3:58 AM

No no not at all. My baby's dad was an addict. He doesn't know I'm pregnant since he probably hasn't been around a child either and his lifestyle is way too dangerous for an infant. But if I did let him around my son, I would NEVER let him see our son without me being around or without supervised visits unless he could prove to me he's capable of being a mature father. 

His lifestyle isn't safe around a baby, so you have every right to want supervised visits. You're just looking out for the safety and welfare of your child, nothing wrong with that. And don't let him tell you it's wrong or try and make you feel bad about it. He's the one who should feel bad about the shit he's doing.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Hailynsmommy
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 4:06 AM

No, not all. I would do it.

mommamichi11
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 5:42 AM
Thanks I really needed that yall two. A lot of our common friends are mad at me for it and idc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyandBecca
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 6:16 AM
If things ever get sour between my 2 younger kids father and I I want supervised visits for him he don't smoke or drink but he has anxiety disorder and takes drugs that make him sleep to the point that he won't wake up to a crying baby and has never changed there dirty diaper and he leaves his pills laying around mind you our kids are 3 and 9 months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommamichi11
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 6:20 AM
My baby boy is three months. His baby daddy will leave beer bottles laying out on the coffee table and his cigs on it too. His computer desk had three things of liquor with no lids the last time I went.

Quoting MommyandBecca:

If things ever get sour between my 2 younger kids father and I I want supervised visits for him he don't smoke or drink but he has anxiety disorder and takes drugs that make him sleep to the point that he won't wake up to a crying baby and has never changed there dirty diaper and he leaves his pills laying around mind you our kids are 3 and 9 months

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyandBecca
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 6:30 AM
I know I would not trust him alone with my baby and at that young my kids don't go anywhere without me he needs supervised visits it's better to know your baby is safe and have people mad at you then find out your baby got ahold of something and is in the hospital and Cps is investigating or worse something happened and you no longer have your baby

Quoting mommamichi11:

My baby boy is three months. His baby daddy will leave beer bottles laying out on the coffee table and his cigs on it too. His computer desk had three things of liquor with no lids the last time I went.

Quoting MommyandBecca:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andymom29
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 6:34 AM
Nope not at all... He does not sound safe at this point & until he can get himself together I wouldve leave my child with him!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommamichi11
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 6:35 AM
Thanks everyone. I just need encouragement like this to stay strong. It really helps me know I al doing the right thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HadnKmom
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:17 AM

if you knew he was that was and didnt want supervised visits i would tell you to give your baby to somone else...dd1's father is addicted to crack cocaine....hes been through in patient and out patient rehab...he still relapsed 3 times....when he gets out of the pen and he moves in with his mom he will be able to have her all by himself (his mother and step father are there and they take her all the time) when he gets a place of his own...if we dont get back together.....i will want supervised visits because i know all his friends (we would only get back together if he was clean and sober...we can fight addiction together...i been clean for over 3 years now dd1 is 2)......and i know all his friends are still addicts...best of luck :)

tyfry7496
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 7:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Not at all. Go to court and request not only supervised visits but alcohol assessment and treatment. You can ask for a stipulation that he cannot consume alcohol the entire time of the visitation. Contact an attorney in your state to get the most accurate information.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)