Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the holiday season officially started last night

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:06 AM
  • 7 Replies

So we live in Nashville, and last night our holiday season officially kicked off.  Last night was the tree lighting ceremony at Opryland Hotel where they do the Country Christmas.  They say that because of that, we are the most Christmasy city.  Well, they have been doing Country Christmas for 28 years now (they started on my second Christmas, so all my life since I was only 2 weeks old my first Christmas), and I've lived here my whole life, but last night was the first time I've been to the tree lighting ceremony for Country Christmas.  We had a blast though.  It was cold (and I mean COLD...25 degrees at our house this morning), but there were fireworks and Madagascar characters.  So it's officially the holiday season....where has 2011 gone?

by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
petite101
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:08 AM

That's pretty neat! I miss my hometown and everything that goes along with the holiday season there. It's just not the same in all the other places I've lived in since I moved away :(

HP3HP3
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 10:43 AM

I have to agree this year zoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed by! Sounds like fun where you live! Happy Holidays!

Mommyto2LilMen
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 10:45 AM
That sounds awesome!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aj23
by Amanda on Nov. 18, 2011 at 10:52 AM
I love going to Opryland this time of year to see the lights. I'm taking my son for the first time this weekend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
muwchck
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 11:28 AM

That's awesome.  I'm guessing you live in my area then.  How old is your little one?  I haven't actually been in the hotel in years until last night.  I think the last time I was there we were going through to see the Christmas stuff.  My oldest son is 5 and he is going in 2 weeks for his first field trip to see the decorations.  

Quoting aj23:

I love going to Opryland this time of year to see the lights. I'm taking my son for the first time this weekend.

aj23
by Amanda on Nov. 18, 2011 at 11:36 AM
My son is 4. I actually live in McMinnville (on the other side of Murfreesboro) but his dad lives in Clarksville so I go through Nashville a lot.
The last time I was at the hotel was before it flooded so I want to go inside this year since they have everything fixed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
muwchck
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 11:41 AM

It's amazing in there.  I can't believe that just a year and a half ago that place was under water.  I actually live in Nashville, but grew up in Gallatin.  I've also lived in Hendersonville and Mt. Juliet (and MS, but I want to forget that).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)