Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are There Any Single Moms In Fort Worth, Texas Area

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2011 at 8:18 AM
  • 12 Replies

Hi,  I am looking for some other single moms in the Fort Worth, Texas area. I really want to have a support system here.  I have been seperated for a year and my divorce will be final this December.  I put everything into my job as a teacher and my marriage and failed to make friends in the area.  I want to make some new friends as I have no family in the area.  I am very lonely and would like to build some friendships.  I have isolated myself over the past year because of the separation and I feel that it has been very unhealthy for me as well as my son who is 7.  I can't do this all alone anymore.  My ex cheated on me twice with the same woman he reconnected with on Facebook and I can't seem to let the hurt go.  He has been living with her ever since.  I just want to make some steps to move forward with my life and the first step for me is to make some new friendships.  Kelly

by on Nov. 23, 2011 at 8:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Robsessed98
by on Nov. 23, 2011 at 8:52 AM

Welcome to the group! I"m in OK but used to live in Lewisville (by Dallas) and loved it down there.  Have you checked for local groups on CM? I'm sure there is at least one for Ft. Worth, just search groups.  You're making the right decision to come out of hiding and move on with you life.  You can't let him dictate your happiness. The best revenge is for you to be happy. We're always here if you need support.

raegan1221
by Raegan on Nov. 23, 2011 at 8:55 AM
Hi! Welcome to the group! I'm Raegan..I'm not in Ft Worth area but I am in Tx..in San Angelo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AMsMommy212
by on Nov. 23, 2011 at 9:02 AM

Also in TX, but Houston Area. I know there are some closer Moms in here, though! Hopefully they will respond. Anna has the right idea, though-- check the local groups-- they can be a little slower sometimes but just keep checking in :o)

Welcome to the Group :o)

mommybrooke06
by on Nov. 23, 2011 at 9:11 AM

I live in Athens Texas and am in a similar situation as you. We are kinda far, actually going to fort worth tomorrow for Thanksgiving, but maybe we could chit chat and meet up like once every couple months or something? It is about a 2 hour drive, although I am hoping to move closer to the Dallas area in the next couple years cause all my friends and family are there.... I know how it feels to be single and lonely. Message me if ya wanna! Good luck finding mommas in fort worth too!

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Nov. 23, 2011 at 10:25 AM
Welcome hun!! I am in Nd, so no where close!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crzynonnie
by on Nov. 23, 2011 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi! I'm Karen, I live in Flower Mound, Tx, right outside of Dallas! I'm probably about an hour from you but it's not too far! I did the same thing you did. I kept to myself during my separation and divorce. I had just moved to Dallas right before we separated and divorced so I didn't know anyone in the area. It was very lonely. If it wasn't for my job I'd be a total wreck! I work nights as a nurse so my schedule is nuts but I'd love to talk to u and maybe get together for lunch or something! Email me and we can swap phone numbers! Khiggins5@tx.rr.com
vatkinson
by on Jan. 13, 2012 at 2:12 PM
Hi, I am Victoria. I just moved to Fort Worth Texas . I am married but i have ups and downs in my marrige. I am here for you if you need some to talk to.
Kelly1308
by on Jan. 13, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Thank you so much.  I feel so alone sometimes because I have no family or close friends here in Fort Worth.  I am a teacher in Arlington.  I would love to chat sometime.  817-723-0357  Kelly

vatkinson
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi Kelly,
I am sorry i did not see your last comment. If you still need a friend let me know ;) i leave in ft worth too :)
Victoria
MamaFLgurl
by Lucas' mama on Aug. 23, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Wish I was lol.  I live in Tyler, TX. And I'm right there with you in wanting to make new friends. Cuz it's hard around here, if you don't go to church.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)