Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How can I top that?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2007 at 11:10 AM
  • 6 Replies

Ok so this morning I talked to my bd.  He asked me about b-day & Christmas & what we are going to do about gifts. We had originally planned to get our own smaller gifts for her & then do the big gifts together.  He aksed me what I had already gotten her & I told him mainly clothes & a few toys & books. Then he asked what I want us to get her & I told him the Dora the Explorer 4 wheeler for 12-36 months & he asked where it was & I told him at Walmart.  He said I will get her that for Christmas so dont get that!!! WTF! I have been shopping & doing research on the things I want her to get & you just swipe in & change all the plans & get her what I soooooo wanted to get her! That really pisses me off,  then at the same time I am still glad for her because I know he really will get it for her (even if it means borrowing money from his mom or selling drugs or whatever, even though he doesnt help out with daily stuff). What the hell can I get her now thats going to be equal or greater than a freakin 4 wheeler?

by on Nov. 19, 2007 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mom2teengurlz
by on Nov. 19, 2007 at 11:21 AM
Honey she is a baby, she won't remember who gave it to her and look at the $$$ you didn't have to spend.  Buy yourself something!  But wait until you actually have the 4 wheeler cuz if he is anything like my ex it may not happen.

Add it to your "live and learn" file, next time don't give him any hints.

Anne in Seattle 

http://www.cafemom.com/group/singlewteengirls

homejobsformom
by on Nov. 19, 2007 at 11:29 AM
A kitten??  LOL I don't know girl, but I will tell you this, playing with the 4-wheeler with mommy will be the next best thing.  Kids care about their parents more than they do their toys.  It's really just a lump of plastic; you are the real deal mama!

Do you need help finding a WORK AT HOME job? Visit http://www.homejobsformom.com

Come join me at Yuwie! Invite friends, hang out, and get paid!!
It is completely free! http://r.yuwie.com/sarahlorrain

vannahs
by on Nov. 19, 2007 at 6:47 PM

Malayahsmom06,  your little girl is probably going to be more thrilled with the box the fourwheeler comes in, than the four wheeler itself so if you want top him, go out and get her a bunch of boxes.  (I'm more serious than kidding here)

immadismom
by on Nov. 19, 2007 at 7:46 PM
My ex always does this, and his parents do it too.  I have learned not to worry about who bought what.  My daughter knows how much mommy loves her, and she has no idea who bought which gift.  Just enjoy watching her & playing with her!

nina5
by on Nov. 20, 2007 at 6:36 PM
Look @ the bright side you did not have to spend the $ on that and your daughter will enjoy it with you because that is what she will remember that mommy played with me not who bought it.
chel1023
by on Nov. 21, 2007 at 10:38 AM
I'm glad to say that I will not have to ever go through this because my daughter's father is completely out the picture.  But my best friend has two children who are 21 and 18 and she is still battling with this problem.  She does all the work and he ex husband comes in askes what she is getting them for gifts and ends up getting a "better" version of the same thing she got them.  Which makes her look like an ass!  For Graduation she bought her son a guitar and told her ex that and he went out and bought a more expensive guitar for him and brought it to the graduation which puts her son in a bad position so she tells him that he can take hers back and get something else, that it does hurt her feelings, when you know damn well it does!  But I know that her kids know this about their dad, he buys their love with money, but their moms gives them all her love with no conditions.  With your daughter being so young, I don't think she'll really care who bought it for her.  Shoot, she might even like playing with the box more than the 4wheeler, I know my daughter likes packages over toys the majority of the time!  Good luck! 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)