Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bf told me

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 4:49 AM
  • 15 Replies
It bugs him that I have my kids dads last name :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 4:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chanel5nyc
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:03 AM
Are you thinking about changing it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:07 AM

Well, why did you keep his name?  Maybe if he understands the reasoning, such as having the same name as your children, considering this whole "computer database" society we live in, he'll be more understanding.  I see it all the time when I'm running errands: A mom with a maiden name has to work harder to get to her chlid's information, b/c they are looking at last names that are different.  Just try to explain why you thought that to be the best choice, and allow him to feel as he does.

It is OK for it to bug him, especially if the dad wasn't very good to you, or he feels that the name somehow means you are stil partly his.  So long as he doesn't make it into a major issue in the relationship, he has a right to feel as he does.

Robsessed98
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:16 AM

well I've been wondering but didn't want to ask... are you ever gonna have his last name??

josiahmom
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:49 AM

you can change it maybe. it is up to u.

Mommyto2LilMen
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:17 AM
I kept my last name when I got divorced, didn't want to confuse the kids, but I did it knowing/hoping one day it would change if/when I got married again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
petite101
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:08 AM

I have my ex's last name still. It will change by the end of the year, I'm hoping.

ljp64
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:20 AM

I keep my married name for many reasons. 1st because that is also my dd's last name. It has been my last name for 18 yrs. It would take too much time and effort to change it. 

I have seen the look of confusion on people's faces when the mom has one name and child another.

Who knows it might change again one day.LOL

LyndaLoo78
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:33 AM
So the eff what! Presumably his exw has his last name; unless she remarried.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:35 AM

I'm sorry but what an ass.  If he wants it to be something else he needs to be jewelry shopping.

MeeshMom
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:15 AM
2 moms liked this
Umm no he needs to keep his mouth shut unless he is gonna I've you a ring to change your name. Sorry to be so blunt. You were married before and you have the same last name as your kids and there's nothing wrong or abnormal about that girl!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)