Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Endless Pit Of Hell...Screw Happy Holidays.

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:39 PM
  • 3 Replies

So,

some people would probably think living with family, free day care etc. would be great..UNLESS you were desperate as I was to get a roof over my sons head at the time: Times have seriously changed,and I am fearing for the worse that this is ONLY going to get worse.When I moved in with my gma back in 08 after my ex-husband went AWOL, I felt a huge sigh of relief from losing my home on Bragg,homeless shelter, to her house safe and sound even for my sons sake--
It couldn't have been better timing.
 Now I regret ever thinking so.The holidays are SUPPOSE to be fun,and light feeling times of the year with your family--NO MATTER HOW ROUGH THINGS ARE--My mom and I have been having a rough time getting along lately, but she "was" helping me with layaway for Christmas so I figured,"I'll just shut my mouth and bare her comments about my parenting.She has my best interest at heart she has been there? She just wants me to do things right for my kids"..
WAIT! I thought you know what? I am not 16! I am not an unstable person? I don't torture or abuse my kids? If my son or daughter is out of line? They get punished! It was chaos here last night and it was going on 10 at night.My aunt just got back in the house from my uncles place,and the kids were all bouncing around..Including the fact their granny was here.I told Hunter to go to bed,and he'd see Sandra in awhile.I walk in his room,and he literally turned it upside down..I didn't get upset or mad as much as I wanted to? I just picked up what he messed up,and turned off his tv and lights.NO issue.I told him it was time to go to bed,and I told him 15x before that to lay down so that his my punishment for him.
My mom walked in their after I had just repremanded my son,and was screaming.I walked in their and this is what I get,"You left him in a pitch black room? How awful! What is wrong with you, Petra? Let's take your TV out of your room see how you like the dark!"..She was screaming,and started threatning me about going to CPS "once again" so did my grandmother how I am a bad mom,I torture them...MY KIDS feed off of this drama,and whenever my mom is here? My grandmother,and her tag team me it seems THEN my kids run behind my mom..So this morning she started it again.
I told her she is not seeing my kids.I plan on getting a restraining order,and am serious about it more than I have been ever.I don't feel ANYONE has a right to tell me how to raise my children EVEN IF I AM LIVING IN THEIR HOUSE.I do not torture my kids,I am a good parent and with the threats going on? I pretty much said,"You know what? Fuck you and go ahead!" I have NOTHING to hide! I don't do drugs, I don't beat my kids, I'm not a drunk I am IN school, LOOKING for a job so because I discipline my son for his actions, this was worth all the fucking drama? AM I seriously fucking wrong for cutting ties with their grandmother?

I am going to file a restraining order,and I have been crying in private on and off all day. Idon't want my kids to see me upset,and they've had enough drama thanks to her infront of them.I want to get out,and If I had a cool grand? I'd have a place tonite with no looking back..It's not so easy to get out when people tell you to..I've just had it.PERIOD

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:51 PM

Hon, you need to start calling any and every women's shelter you can find and ask for help getting back on your feet.  Tell them about your ex going awol and losing your home etc.  That is not a healthy situation to be in for you or your children. 

muwchck
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:55 PM

I'm sorry hun.  I can't imagine having someone do like that.  You didn't do anything wrong by turning off everything and telling your son to go to bed.  My kids go to bed in a pitch black room every night, and so do I, and there's nothing wrong with it at all.  It's actually harder on them to have any light on.  You shouldn't have to feel that someone is going to call CPS every time you turn around either.  I hope things get better for you really soon hunny.

animebuddy
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:52 PM
Your mother sounds nuts to be honest. People normally sleep with the lights off. Her questioning your parenting and saying she'll all cps is bad enough on its own. Doing that in front of your kids makes it 10 times worse!

Id rather live in a shelter till I gathered the money to rent my own place than deal with that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)