Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

First day at her dad's

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:42 PM
  • 7 Replies

Well, today was the first day Claire went to her dad's. She was there from 9am-5pm. We split up last week so this is all new. I cried soo hard when she left. I really hope it gets easier. I'm glad she is home now with mommy.

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lovinlife13
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:49 PM
(((Hugs))) I know its rough the first time dd left with her dad I cried and cried and was lonely for her. It gets easier though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yezay
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:51 PM
My son spends every weekend with his dad but xmas vaca will be the first full week he spends with him... I've already started crying lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KailesMommy
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:08 PM
Its hard til u get used to it. Holidays are harder than most anything else. My mom and i have a type of visit worked out for her and its usually every weekend up til just recently its a lot less. So i know the feeling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NailahTalibah
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:24 PM
2 moms liked this
My ex (father of my youngest dd) flew in from Jamaica last week saw my baby for the first time since her birth. Her bro and sis (me too tjough I enjoyed not having a toddler around for a day) he was suppose to keep her a week she cut up so badly her second night he brought her back home he said he thought she was sick. But I told him it would happen. I felt both irritation and smug. He always talk about how easy it is but he couldnt hang 48hrs f*«¥er. Now im just annoyed dads get off so easy while we (not all but most) get stuck with the kids and they get to be single and free. >:-0
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2011 at 1:27 PM

hugs

It definitely gets easier.  It's hard to believe now, but there will come a time when you will enjoy your alone time because you'll be able to do things like shop, wrap gifts, go out with girlfriends, etc without having to worry about your little girl.  (((hug)))

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2011 at 4:15 PM

it will. if hes a good and active dad (despite what he may have done to you) you will get used to it and eventually look forward to me- time, i know i did.

Robsessed98
by on Nov. 30, 2011 at 7:14 PM

Welcome to the group.  Yes, it gets easier each time you have to do it.  Just focus on the fact that she is happy that she's getting to spend time with daddy instead of the fact that she is not with you.  Stay busy and the time starts passing pretty fast.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN