Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

feeding tube

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:51 PM
  • 8 Replies
My mom is having a g-tube put in this morning. Why they do surgeries on Saturday mornings I have no idea but whatever works lol she is getting it done now but they said I should be able to see her in about an hour and its just a simple out patient procedure so I'm not too worried but its a weird reality check having her get this feeding tube. I know it'll make things easier but its still strange. Hopefully it goes well though and my mom mentally handles having a feeding tube okay
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
raegan1221
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:01 PM
Hope all goes well! And that your Mom handles everything ok. May ask why she had to get one?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovinLiv
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:03 PM
She has ALS and she's lost most control of the muscles that allow her to swallow

Quoting raegan1221:

Hope all goes well! And that your Mom handles everything ok. May ask why she had to get one?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
muwchck
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:06 PM

This is something that I would like to avoid with my parents.  I don't want to see them become unable to take care of themselves...and I honestly think my mom is heading that way very quickly.  Hope everything goes as planned, and hope your mom keeps her spirits up.

raegan1221
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:14 PM
Oh ok, I see. Well I am sorry you're having to go thru this and your Mom. Sounds like you're handling everything good though!

Quoting LovinLiv:

She has ALS and she's lost most control of the muscles that allow her to swallow

Quoting raegan1221:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovinLiv
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:58 PM
Yeah. It's not easy but its worth it to get time with her. Sorry your mom looks like she is going down that path, I hope you can avoid it! And thanks! Everything went well it seems, I should get to take her home soon.

Quoting muwchck:

This is something that I would like to avoid with my parents.  I don't want to see them become unable to take care of themselves...and I honestly think my mom is heading that way very quickly.  Hope everything goes as planned, and hope your mom keeps her spirits up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kissybratzmom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:06 PM
I hope all goes well!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
muwchck
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:10 PM

Glad everything went well.  My mom has had some health issues for a while.  She's diabetic, and has some kind of issue with her heart (I can't remember what it's called).  She's not getting around well at all, she's really swollen up for some reason, and they can't figure out why, and she doesn't even have the energy to get out of the bed some days.  She was in the hospital a little while back for like 4 days cause they thought she had a small heart attack, but then couldn't find anything wrong.  I honestly think things are worse than she lets me know.  Dad has even started smoking again because she's driving him nuts complaining all the time.

Quoting LovinLiv:

Yeah. It's not easy but its worth it to get time with her. Sorry your mom looks like she is going down that path, I hope you can avoid it! And thanks! Everything went well it seems, I should get to take her home soon.

Quoting muwchck:

tyfry7496
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:49 PM
I'm am so sorry your mom is dealing with this (and you), I hope all works out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)