Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

responsibility??

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:42 PM
  • 11 Replies
So, I have a temp parenting plan in order right now with my ex. And my ex is a bitter jealous little boy, he had met this women and her child about 2 weeks ago and she's already moved in, cause "conviently" her mother kicked he out, right after they met.

So, since he's been dating her I've been called everything in the book, and a horrible lazy mother, and I get compared to this girl that he knows nothing about.

So the other night my ex texts me cause there's a bug going around and my son has had a mild cold, (cough, diarrea, runny nose, fussiness) but nothing too serious, cause he gets lots of fluids and eats like crazy.

Well every time my son poops more then once a day he has diarrea (he's 15 months now) so my ex told me that I should have taken him to the doc, well he had his 15 month appointment and the doc saiid he was fine and he had all this stuff then, and he told me I was a lazy mother for not taking him now.

Well I told him have he keeps getting it cause this women and her child are new factors in his life and that is causeing him to keep gwtting sick cause he has more people with germs around him. And I also told him if he was that concerned for my son then he had just as much responsibility to take my son to the doc if he thinks its necessary.

So, even though my ex gets him 2&1/2-3 days outta the week, does he still have responsibility to take my so to the doc if he feels the need??

Cause I don't think I need to because my son is perfectly fine.
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crimsonangel180
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:53 PM
Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:12 PM

Heck yeah... if he's sick on your ex's watch then he has the responsibility to take him to the doc if necessary.  However, a minor cold is hardly reason to see a doctor when there's nothing that can be done anyway.

Robsessed98
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:22 PM

Welcome to the group! Yes, if he thinks he needs a dr. it's his responsibility also (even though it doesn't sound like he needs one).  Don't let the name calling get to you. Don't give them that kind of power over  your life - they aren't worth it.  Just be a good mother and a strong woman and move on.

Dawnie-marie
by Dawn on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:26 PM

yes.

KRIZZ25
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:34 PM

tell him he is a pos father and any one wth a brine would not "live wth a hook up"..

tyfry7496
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:20 PM
It depends on custody. If you have sole custody he can't. But as the father, he should take responsibility if he thinks his child is sick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katatrinakay
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:42 PM
Ugh my ex is the same way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:45 PM
It does depend on custody but in most conditions yes he should be taking him to the Dr if he feels like he should go
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Arya91Fire
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:26 PM
We have joint custody, I'm the primary parent haha, washington state says it weird, but doctor visits and stuff like that is joint.
cmc638
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 4:40 PM

yes if its THAT important to take your son (who i agree probably isnt sick) to the doctor he should do it. he's being lazy here because hes the one who sees a problem and isnt doing anything about it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)