Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any good books to Read?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:05 PM
  • 18 Replies
I thought since I'm on college break id read for enjoyment. I went to BN for Hunger Games. I bought several children's books to read to my belly. Its ridiculous how much they want for Dr. Seuss. I Got a big book of Grimm's fairy tales for 20.00, oh the places you'll go and the cat and the hat comes back, the grouchy ladybug, and little pookie. Anyone have any suggestions for me?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tyfry7496
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:35 PM
I'll Always Love You
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
muwchck
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:50 PM

What kind of books do you like?  Mysteries?  Romance?  I like to read the Christmas Shoes book this time of year...of course, they make me cry, but they are so good, and nice easy reads too.

jenn31
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

i love the hunger games. Best series I read this year.

Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother, Amy Chua

Room, Emma Donoghue

Still Alice, Lisa Genova

Water for Elephants

Unbroken, Laura Hillenbrand

The Giver, Lowry

The Road, McCarthy

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

The Help, Stockett

The Glass Castle, Walls

babydenton12
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:42 PM
I will read anything once. Usually I wont buy a trilogy at once because I want to make sure I'll get through the book first. I made that mistake once with twilight.

Quoting muwchck:

What kind of books do you like?  Mysteries?  Romance?  I like to read the Christmas Shoes book this time of year...of course, they make me cry, but they are so good, and nice easy reads too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vamom08
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:00 PM
I read alot of danielle steele books their good books to read.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shell__Beach
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:02 PM
For a kids book get "I Love You, Stinky Face". I bought it for my son when I was pregnant, he's 5 now, it's taped together and we still read it.
For grown up books- I love Mark Billingham's books about Tom Thorn. He's a fictional British detective that solves serial murders. So addictive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:12 PM
That's a good one too!

For adult books I enjoy Janet Evanovich, Bertrice Small, Charlaine Harris. I really enjoy true crime books.

Quoting Shell__Beach:

For a kids book get "I Love You, Stinky Face". I bought it for my son when I was pregnant, he's 5 now, it's taped together and we still read it.

For grown up books- I love Mark Billingham's books about Tom Thorn. He's a fictional British detective that solves serial murders. So addictive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babydenton12
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:31 PM

I have read Janet Evanovich's Metro Girl series, my aunt owns pretty much all of the one for the money.  I like crime books, psychology, world history, military history, mythology, fictional stuff like the iliad and the odyssey... probably shouldve been an english teacher but  Criminology is better for me to bust balls.

Quoting tyfry7496:

That's a good one too!

For adult books I enjoy Janet Evanovich, Bertrice Small, Charlaine Harris. I really enjoy true crime books.

Quoting Shell__Beach:

Dawnie-marie
by Dawn on Dec. 4, 2011 at 7:26 AM

my boys love the books 'bums' and '5 shiny bugs' 

JAIRATRACI
by Jaira-Traci on Dec. 4, 2011 at 7:36 AM
I like the black jewels books by Anne bishop. Ender's game by Orson Scott card. The wheel of time series by Robert Jordan.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)