Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

love you but not in love with you

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:57 PM
  • 6 Replies

ok. so my the father of my first son is saying that he is still in love with me. I told him that I love him but I am not in love with him. He said he doesnt understand. so I explained. I care about you. I want you happy even if it is not with me. I will always be in your corner and if you need anything if I can help you got it. ETC... He said if he cant be with me then we will go back to just calling to check on his son and basically no conversation that doesnt talk about our son. I do not want this because I believe you can be friends with exs. Yes we have had a very rocky relationchip but i honestly do still care about him. I do not want to go back to hating each other. I think he is jealous because i told him I like someone. I know in my heart that we cant be together because we cant get along. I cant force myself to fall in love with him, that is not possible. I hate making him feel the way he feels but i would rather be honest now then hurt him later. I want to be in a relationship that is healthy and fulfilling so does that mean i have to not be cool with him because of his feelings? I do not know what to do. I know he needs someone to be there for him and i will....just not in a relationship. How can any good come from this? We need to get along for our son, and he is a good father, but it is either all or nothing with him. any suggestions on how to compromise with a person who does not know how to compromise? I really dont want this to end badly.

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommy_2_be_2010
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:58 PM
U sound like me mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SinceresMomma
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:09 PM
Diddo^
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janiri0610
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:09 PM

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

U sound like me mama

It makes things harder when you try to do the right thing and still be the bad guy...sigh

mommy_2_be_2010
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:27 PM
Yea I know

Quoting Janiri0610:

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

U sound like me mama

It makes things harder when you try to do the right thing and still be the bad guy...sigh

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:39 PM
He sounds very selfish stay strong you have a good head on your shoulders don't let him manipulate you anymore
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CandyMoon
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:57 PM

You tried to explain your feelings to him so if he doesn't respect that then there's not much you can do. He obviously wants all or nothing. And your right, you can't force yourself to be in love with someone. And your telling him that you like someone else probably has a lot to do with the way he's acting. I would just stay strong, give him some time and then if he doesn't come around, it's his problem. At least you were honest with him. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)